prologue

third person's pov

y/n has always been a quiet kid, and preferred reading, drawing and isolating herself in her bedroom with her headphones in her ears. but atlas she can't. she's going to be a royal advisor for her brother when he becomes king, which means she can't be in her room all day, ignoring the world around her.

she has selective few friends, ellie, autumn, and arianna. they've all been best friends since they were kids. ellie and autumn are cousins as their parents are anna and elsa respectively. arianna is the daughter of ariel and eric and older sister of melody.

ellie has the same powers like her parents, ice and snow manipulation. when she isn't in school she's in arendelle as she's going to be queen of there when she's of age. autumn is like y/n in so many ways, they both like to read and isolate themselves in their rooms.

y/n is drawing a rose, much like the rose that the enhantress gave to her father before she spelled him to be a beast until he learned love. she always thought that was pretty, also because her favorite flower is a rose so it worked out for her.

there was a knock on her door that got her attention, she shouted a 'come in', and the person on the other side opened the door and it was lumiere.

"y/n, i'm here for a measuring." lumiere says to the girl as she nods her head, as she put her drawing stuff back on her desk, before pulling out her podium under her bed for whenever she gets measured or whatever.

"sure, it gives me something to do." y/n jokes with a smile on her face as lumiere has something in his hands as it's buried inside a napkin. "what's that?" the girl asks pointing to the napkin and it's contents.

lumiere looked down for a moment to see what got her attention before a soft smile appeared on his face. "it's a gift from chip, him and mrs. potts made your favorite cookies, as they're gonna be dessert for after dinner. he insisted on you having the first one." lumiere explains to the girl as she has a smile growing on her face.

"tell, him thank you." y/n says to lumiere as he nods his head before motioning her to spread out her arms which she did and he started measuring him for her and her brother's coronation.

she's going to be under royal pressure as his royal advisor as ben is going to be king. that and y/n wants a new dress, even if she isn't a dressy type, like the other princesses at auradon prep.

she doesn't wear dresses often but only on special occassions. a couple minutes later and some small talk lumiere was done measuring y/n and he left to go do her brother who was next.

y/n bent down before grabbing the podium and putting it back underneath her bed, before heading to her favorite spot to sit and read a book, which is her bay window and looking out to the isle of the lost. she has always been fascinated by the isle, it feels like it's drawing her to it. she's heard the multiple stories about it and the stories about the villains and sidekicks being banned there don't scare her.

she wonders about the people living there, and what their lives are like. what do they do? do they go to school? she wouldn't be caught dead on the isle of the lost as that's no place for a princess. ugh, adults. bossing her around.

sadly she's not going to be a queen and boss them around, make her own choices. her life is planned out for her since she was born. she doesn't like it as it comes with pressure of being forced to become her brother's royal advisor.