Messy

Regina's POV:

As we made our way through the bustling hallway, I couldn't help but notice the attention (Y/N) was receiving. Girls whispered and giggled as they passed us, their eyes filled with admiration. I couldn't resist teasing (Y/N) about it.

"Wow, (Y/N), it seems like your soccer skills and leadership in training yesterday have made you quite the heartthrob. Should I be jealous?" I teased, a mischievous glint in my eye.

(Y/N) looked at me, her expression a mix of amusement and confidence. "Jealous? Oh, Regina, you know you'll always have a special place in my heart. But I can't help it if my soccer moves have caught the attention of the masses," she replied, her voice filled with playful sarcasm. To be fair, I wasn't surprised with how many girls stayed at the end of the day to watch the session unfold sat on the bleachers. Woman's soccer has really picked up, more so recently.

I laughed, playfully nudging (Y/N) with my elbow. "Well, I guess I'll have to up my game if I want to keep you all to myself. Maybe I should take up a sport too. What do you think?" I asked, a flirtatious smile dancing on my lips.

(Y/N) grinned, her eyes sparkling with mischief. "Oh, Regina, I'd love to see you on the field. But I have a feeling you'd be happier in a cheerleader uniform," she replied, her tone teasing yet affectionate.

I feigned offense, placing a hand dramatically over my heart. "How dare you underestimate my athletic abilities! I'll have you know that I can do a perfect split in stilettos," I retorted, my voice filled with mock indignation.

(Y/N) chuckled, her laughter contagious. "I have no doubt about your flexibility, Regina. But let's leave the soccer field for me and the rest of the School for you, deal?" she replied, her words carrying a hint of sincerity.

I grinned, the playful banter between us creating an electric energy. "Deal, (Y/N). We make a great team, both on and off the field. Just remember, I will always have your back," I said, my voice filled with a mixture of confidence and affection.

And with that, we continued our walk down the hallway, our playful teasing and flirtatious banter until we reach our classroom.

I'm slightly worried I'm starting to make it way to obvious now, maybe I need to tone it done slightly.

The bell rang again, signaling the start of our next class, (Y/N) and I sat ourselves next to Karen and Gretchen.

Gretchen leaned in, her eyes wide with excitement. "Oh my gosh, (Y/N), people have been whispering about you all day. It is just a friendly match, right? Because you wouldn't think so with all this buzz," she exclaimed, her voice filled with genuine awe.

"They're just happy the season is starting again Gretch. A new season means a new opportunity to win silverware for this school. And me as captain this season, that's exactly what we are going to do" (Y/N) Replies happily.

Karen chimed in, her voice laced with admiration. "Seriously, (Y/N), I think every girl in this school wants to date you, and if they don't want to date you they want to be you. I think I'd date you," she added, her words causing a blush to creep onto (Y/N)'s cheeks.

A pang of possessiveness and jealousy surged through me at Karen's comment. I couldn't let anyone else have (Y/N) without a fight. With a sly smile, I interjected, my tone filled with a hint of challenge. "Well, anyone who wants to date (Y/N) will have to come chat with me first," I declared, my voice dripping with feigned nonchalance.

Karen and Gretchen exchanged surprised glances, clearly taken aback by my possessive statement. Gretchen, ever the peacemaker, tried to diffuse the tension. "I feel sorry for the next person who wants to date (Y/N) that's all I'm gonna say," she said, her voice gentle yet firm.