70

~Chapter 70~

In a cave not far away, Gu Jin was sacrificing half of his original immortal power to refine the magic elixir.

He looked at the elixir that was gradually taking shape in the cauldron, with a hint of relief in his eyes. 

Late at night, he came out of the cave, and A Yin, who was usually asleep, was sitting under the sycamore tree.

There were two wine glasses on the stone table, and the scent of drunken jade dew wafted over them. 

A Yin is weak and cannot even drink too much dew now, as he had just explained two days ago. Gu Jin frowned and stepped forward. Before he arrived, A Yin's voice had already sounded.

"A Jin, come have a drink with me." A Yin's voice was a little hoarse. Gu Jin really loved her. Thinking of the boring life in the Forbidden Valley, her out-of-the-box temper must have been suppressed.

"Drunken Jade Dew has great power, drink up to three more cups." Gu Jin made a white fur coat, draped it on A Yin's shoulders, and sat next to her.

A Yin saw Gu Jin's tired look and felt that the immortal power in his body was fluctuating in disorder. She felt more and more uncomfortable in her heart, but she didn't show any signs of it on her face. "A Jin, there are two senior brothers guarding the mountain gate. You don't have to worry too much. If your immortal power isn't stable, there will be big trouble when you go through the tribulation in the future."

She tried to suggest, "Except for being weaker now, my health is almost in good shape. Let's go back to Qi Yue Palace, and you don't have to practice in seclusion every day."

Gu Jin shook his head and patted A Yin on the head, "The Forbidden Valley is quiet and suitable for retreat. Let's stay here until your body recovers."

A Yin's power was low and she couldn't sense that he was refining the magic elixir every day, but with A Jiu and Yan Shuang in Qi Yue Palace, he definitely couldn't hide it from them.

There was disappointment in A Yin's eyes. She took out the invitation card sent by Hong Que from her sleeve and looked at Gu Jin. "Today, Hua Shu's maid sent a wedding invitation to her and Lord Lan Feng. Go to the Heavenly Palace to attend their wedding."

"Has Hong Que come?" Gu Jin didn't notice anything was wrong and took the wedding invitation.

"When I was in coma those few days, did you go to Bainiao Island?" A Yin suddenly said, and Gu Jin held the wedding invitation's hand for a moment.

"Yes."

"Did the Headmaster have something to ask you to go to Bainiao Island to discuss with the Peacock King?" A Yin asked anxiously without giving up.

Gu Jin secretly knew that he could not let A Yin know his true intention of going to Bainiao Island.

"It's a small matter to go to Bainiao Island." He tightened the loose white fur on A Yin's shoulders and said with a smile: "You don't worry about anything, why do you need to ask so many questions today?"

Seeing him looking around, he obviously didn't want to talk about going to Bainiao Island anymore. A Yin broke the jar and said: "A Jin, the mountain gate is in turmoil. The wedding of Lord Lan Feng and Hua Shu is on the Double Ninth Festival, which is the critical time for senior brothers to light the nine-star lantern..." She paused, " Otherwise, let Qing Yi attend."

There was a hint of expectation in A Yin's eyes. If A Jin was willing to stay at mountain and not attend Hua Shu's wedding, did that mean that he was willing to let go.