Prologue

A black and white she-cat stood in a grassy clearing, her tail swishing to and fro. Her pale green eyes narrowed as she studied her surroundings. It was a grassy valley, filled with soft dandelions. Stars clustered around her paws, and she had never felt so satisfied before. She felt...content. Peaceful. Everything was going to be alright. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, enjoying the fresh smell of lavender...wait, lavender? The she-cat opened her eyes, blinking rapidly. She had been sent to another place! This seemed so much like...

A faint outline of a cat appeared. The she-cat's heart raced as it slowly formed a more clear shape, a body of a cat. He was a muscular brown tabby tom, his kind amber eyes resting on the she-cat.

"Welcome, Flaxstar. It is good to see you again," the tom purred with emotion.

"Father!" the Flaxstar exclaimed, her eyes filling up with joy. She raced towards him, purring and nuzzling his shoulder. "Oh, Brackenstep, I've missed you so much..."

After a few happy moments, Flaxstar pulled away, her eyes now shining with worry.

"Wait...why-why am I in Starclan?" she asked, looking around. "I-I lost another life to the sickness? But why the Lavender Field-why the burial site?" She already knew the answer, but she was afraid to say it out loud. To say that...

Brackenstep's expression grew somber. "Flaxstar...the illness took away both of your final lives. Your spirit reached StarClan, but the sickness caught up and stole away your final life before you could reach. This is a very rare occurrence-this new illness seems to be...very different from anything we have seen before."

Flaxstar swallowed. "But Vineclan still needs me! It's too soon, I have to go back. My kin, my warriors...the apprentices, elders, queens, kits, medicine cats...all of my clanmates! Please...send me back..." she meowed softly, her heart broken.

Brackenstep sighed. "I wish I could do that, Flaxstar, but it is your time to leave your clanmates and join me. You have served VineClan well, daughter, and you deserve some well earned rest."

Flaxstar shuddered. "I cannot rest while my clan is suffering."

Brackenstep looked at Flaxstar thoughtfully. "StarClan has been meaning to send a prophecy to the Clans. Perhaps you can help..."
~~~~

CHAPTER END
Thanks for reading, I'll get the allegiances of VineClan done soon!

Comment any questions here <3