First Session

NAYA POV
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 17th

Here I am sitting on set, not even focused on what's happening around me. Ryan is at Josey's first therapy session today and is supposed to give me an update. I wanted so badly to be there, but I've already rescheduled with the showrunners, so I'll leave early on Fridays after the following week. I tried calling Ryan the whole time, but he never picked up. After I was done with my last scene for the day, I rushed home because I wanted to yell at Ryan but, more importantly, check on Josey. I entered the apartment and didn't see Ryan. I checked on Josey, who was fast asleep in his bed. The hallway bathroom is empty, so where's Ryan? I walked into my bedroom and saw Ryan sleeping in my bed with the television on. This is probably the best he's slept since being here. I decided not to wake him and showered.

"When did you get home?" I heard, startling me while taking out clothes from my wardrobe to change into.

"Like 20 minutes ago," I said, picking out my pajamas and heading back into my bathroom to get dressed. When I came back out, Ryan was sitting up in bed.

"So tell me what happened today," I said, sitting on the bed.

"The therapist so far believes Josey is suppressing a lot of emotions," Ryan responded.

"Figured," I snickered because I could have put two and two together.

"I still don't know if this therapy thing will help," Ryan said, sounding frustrated.

"It just started; we need to give it a chance," I said, trying to comfort Ryan.

"How was your Valentine's Day with little Sean?" Ryan asked, changing topics.

"You are not funny. It was good," I replied curiously about Ryan's sudden interest.

"I could tell. That's a nice necklace you've got," Ryan said, staring at the gift from Sean.

"You sleep in here tonight. I'll take the couch," I said, picking up my pillow, knowing Ryan was just trying to get a rise out of me.

"I won't try anything; you could just sleep here," Ryan insisted.

"It's fine. I wanted to stay up a little and watch some television," I said, leaving the bedroom.

There's no way that I would sleep in bed with Ryan, especially given that he kissed me a few days ago. Also, I have been having night terrors for the past two days consistently. Funny, when Sean and I spent Valentine's Day together, I was able to sleep like a baby when I got home. Sucks because, with everything going on, we can't see each other much and we don't want to argue, so we haven't been able to discuss introducing him to Josey, nor has he updated me on the situation with Jhene. I got a message from PinkSweats saying that the song would be released on the 24th. I was happy because it would mostly be my last song for some time since Josey was going to need all my attention until further notice.

SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 25

Dailymail: Naya Rivera seems to be making a return to music. Rivera has been featured in two songs in the past four months. This is the most we have heard Rivera sing in years, but the multifaceted Afro-Latina has not confirmed whether or not she will be releasing an album.

"Mommy, look, you are on the TV," Josey called from the living room while cleaning his bedroom. I went to look at the TV, and sure enough, there I was.

"Aren't you popular?" Ryan joked, causing me to roll my eyes.

"I just did a little song with my friend; that's why I'm on the TV," I explained, looking at Josey.

"Can we hear it, please?" Josey asked with pleading eyes.

"Sure," I replied, pulling out my phone and bringing up the recording.

(Pretend it's Naya... I believe she would have sounded beautiful on this song)

"Wow, mommy, you sound really good," Josey said when the song finished.

"Thank you, munchkin," I replied, hugging Josey.

"I'm a go get started on dinner," Ryan said, getting off the couch and heading towards the kitchen. Well, I guess Ryan was unimpressed with the song.

"Munchkin, you want to help me with the laundry?" I asked Josey. I don't want what happened the other day with Josey crying to happen again.

"Aren't I too young to do laundry?" Josey asked with a devious smirk.

"Yeah, that's why I said help," I reiterated.

"Okay, I'll help," Josey agreed, getting off the couch. Josey's helping with laundry enlisted, letting him pour the detergent and softener in the machine after I measured it and pressed the button to start the load.

"You think that I can sing?" Josey asked as we walked back to the living room.

"Of course, we can get you lessons if you want," I suggest to Josey, never hearing about him wanting to sing seriously.

"Yeah," Josey responded, climbing up to sit on the kitchen bar stool. Ryan made some grilled chicken, mashed potatoes, and string beans. We ate dinner talking about what the three of us could do tomorrow, and when we are all together like this, it reminds me of old times. We put Josey to bed and headed to my bedroom to start cleaning.

*knock knock*

"You need help?" Ryan asked, walking into the room.

"Honestly, yeah," I said, trying to dust the top of my wardrobe.

Ryan quipped, "I don't know how your little ass was cleaning these areas," before retrieving the duster from me.

"I'm tiny, but capable," I said, getting some disinfectant wipes to clean off the headboard.

"It was nice to hear you sing again. I forget with acting the majority of the time how beautiful you sound," said Ryan, mentioning the song from earlier.

"Thanks," I said, surprised by Ryan's compliment.

"So I'll be staying another month if that's okay with you," Ryan asked, making me realize that time flew by so fast.

"Yeah, I didn't notice it's been a month. Besides, Josey seems a little better but hasn't opened up to us yet," I said, throwing away the wipes in the garbage bag.

"Yup, things moved swiftly. A little improvement with Josey is better than anything," Ryan said, putting the duster down.

"Yeah, but you can see something is off with him still," I said, sitting down at the edge of the bed.

"Things will be okay. We have each other to figure out to help Josey," Ryan said, rubbing the top of my head. Ryan left my bedroom to head to bed. I was genuinely hurt; Sean neglected to remember that the song was released today. There's no call, no message, nothing from him...