10

disclaimers: i dont own agggtm and im writing this in the car

amaris sat next to pip in pips car, they were on a stakeout and so far it was rather uneventful, pip was reading and amaris was listening to music.
"ugh stakeouts are boring, pip."
"no theyre useful."
"okay but im literally going insane."
"read your book."
"i finished that an hour ago."
"oh. then.... text ravi, i dont know."
"ravi at work you dumbass."
"he'd respond back to you, mari."
"but i dont want to disturb him at work."
"it would literally make his day if you disturbed him." pip says glancing up at amaris as she turns the page in her book.
"fine but if he gets mad at me its your fault."
"okay."
amaris rolls her eyes at pip before pulling out her phone and going to hers and ravis text messages.

imessage

moon☽

hiii

ravi☉
hi, moon.

moon☽
whatcha doingg

ravi☉
working..

moon☽
   i know that but like what are you doing

ravi☉
well theres only like three people here right now so pretty much nothing. why?

moon☽
im bored. i hate stakeouts, please remind me to never go on another stakeout with pip.

ravi☉
will do, moon

moon☽
oh i forgot to tell you i passed my math test!!!

ravi☉
see your good at math you just need it to be explained properly

moon☽
my friend said it was a miracle i passed

ravi☉
really? and what did you say to that?

moon☽
nothing. i was nice, i just ignored it.

ravi☉
okay now the truth

moon☽
i told her to fuck off

ravi☉
thought so

moon☽
....
fuck you

moon☽
im done talking to you

ravi☉
k.

ravi☉
ill wait here for your text.

moon☽
okay wait pip thinks this might be howie, ill update you in a second.

amaris quickly puts away her phone and watches, greatful she brought her glasses, as a man stands in the parking, he was looking down at his phone doing something. he was texting someone, probably whoever he was meeting.
amaris kept her eyes on the man as pip pulled out her phone and dialed howies phone number, which she stolen from some kid at the calamity the other night. when the guy raises his phone to his ear amaris heart nearly stops. the guy says, "hello?" and not a second later the same voice comes through pips phones speaker. pip hurridly hangs up and curses when howie looks down at his phone and presses something before bringing it back up to his ear.
pip hurridly silences her phone, just before howies number flashes on her screen, she presses the power button and watches as the screen goes black.
suddenly footsteps could be heard making amaris's breath hitch. she shuffled silently onto the ground infront of her seat, just extra precaution so she wouldng be seen the only downside was she couldnt see either so she listened instead.
"‘This is the last time, do you hear me? you can’t keep asking for more. I don’t have it." a voice spat. the next voice amaris could only make out two words but she was sure it was howie talking.
"but.........tell."
"i dont think you would dare." the other voice says and there was a moment of silence before amaris could hear footsteps receeding. amaris peeked her head up enough to see that howies was leaning against the fence, on his phone again. obviously waiting for someone else.
it took a few minutes but that person showed up making amaris go back to the floor and unable to see the interaction. its last maybe 3 minutes before amaris heard a 'see you later' from someone behind pips car, it was so close it made amaris feel like her heart had stopped. she put her hand to her chest assuring her that her heart was infact still beating. she saw pip freeze and she heard the shuffled footsteps behind pip car and whistling.
pip waited 20 seconds before carefully and quietly getting out of the car. amaris's eyes widen before she follows her sister.
amaris steps out of the car and stuffs her phone into her jean pocket, before quietly closing her door. she silently followed her sister, her hand gripping her pocket knife. they walked for a while, amaris wasnt quite sure where they were until she passed a street sign.
romer close
that was the road they were on. that was the road were andie bells car was found. amaris could hear her heart thumping against her ribs.
when howie swerved towards a house both girls darted behind a tree, out of sight but still able to watch howie.
he walked up to the house, taking out his keys and unlocking the door before stepping inside.
pip and amaris slowly walked infront of the house, number twenty-nine, romers close.
t

here they saw a faded maroon car. amaris was sure she stopped breathing when she saw the license plate.
"oh my God, call ravi." pip breaths out.
amaris reaches for her phone and dials ravis number quickly. he picks up on the second ring.
"moon?"
"please tell me your off work."
"i just got home. whats up?"
"i need you to get to romers close. right now."

a/n
another short chapter, sorry. and i proabbly wont be posting this weekend so ill give you two updates