The Dragon's Call

[MAIN ROAD – DAY]
[Merlin walks through the countryside to Camelot.]

KILGHARRAH: No young man, no matter how great, can know his destiny. He cannot glimpse his part in the great story that is about to unfold. Like everyone, he must live and learn. And so it will be for the young warlock arriving at the gates of Camelot. A boy that will, in time, father the legend. His name: Merlin.

The students of Hogwarts looked at Merlin in shock. The Boy-Who-Lived was the old Merlin. One of the greatest sorcerers of all time. And that meant ... They all turned to Athena who was leaning against Arthur. She was the greatest Queen Camelot ever had.

[KING'S PALACE, MAIN SQUARE – DAY]
[Merlin enters Camelot and Uther addresses a crowd from the balcony in the Square.]

UTHER: Let this serve as a lesson to all. This man, Thomas James Collins, is judged guilty of conspiring to use enchantments and magic. And, pursuant to the laws of Camelot, I, Uther Pendragon, have decreed that such practices are banned on penalty of death. I pride myself as a fair and just king, but for the crime of sorcery there is but one sentence I can pass.

[Uther gives the signal and the man is beheaded.]

The students look at Uther in horror. He nods his head sadly for the crimes he had committed. 

"I am sorry, for what I have done against sorcery. I can only express my sadness for the lives I took."

UTHER: When I came to this land, this kingdom was mired in chaos, but with the people's help magic was driven from the realm. So I declare a festival to celebrate twenty years since the Great Dragon was captured and Camelot freed from the evil of sorcery. Let the celebrations begin.

MARY COLLINS: *wailing* There is only one evil in this land, and it is not magic! It is you! With your hatred and your ignorance! You killed my son! But I promise you, before these celebrations are over, you will share my tears. An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, a son for a son.

UTHER: Seize her!

MARY COLLINS: *spell*

[Mary is whisked away in a whirl of wind and smoke.]

Theo looked excited.

"I want to do that."

Enzo, the mum of the group, quickly put an end to it.

"Absolutely not, Theodore."

--

[KING'S PALACE – DAY]
[Merlin enter the palace and addresses a guard]

MERLIN: Where would I find Gaius, the- the court physician?

[The guard points. Merlin walks up steps and knocks on the open door to the physician's quarters and peeks inside.]

MERLIN: Hello?

[Merlin wanders inside.]

MERLIN: Hello? Gaius? *ahem*

[Gaius trips over backwards from the bookshelf stairs and the railing breaks. Merlin's eyes glow and he slows time enough to magically sweep a mattress under Gaius before he hits the floor.]

Those who didn't know Merlin had magic looked at him in shock.

Percival speaks up, "You have magic."

"Well, the screen did just show that. So?"

Gwaine just shrugs. "Can you give me some mead using magic?"

Arthur laughs at his old friend. 

GAIUS: What did you just do?!

MERLIN: Erm...

GAIUS:  Tell me!

MERLIN: I—I-- I have no idea what happened.

GAIUS: If anyone had seen that...

MERLIN: Er, no! That--that was-- that was nothing to do with me. That--that was...

GAIUS: I know what it was! I just want to know where you learned how to do it!

MERLIN: Nowhere.

GAIUS: So how is it you know magic?

MERLIN: I don't.

GAIUS: Where did you study? Answer me!

MERLIN: I--I've never studied magic or, or been taught.