39 | blow out the candles

chapter : 39
blow out the candles

chapter : 39blow out the candles

Well... you all love me.

-- DO NOT FORGET TO COMMENT & VOTE --

also, as we start approaching the end, please do share/recommend the book. 🫶🏻

Happy Sunday.
Happy Reading!

━━━━━━━❅━━━━━━━
n o o r
━━━━━━━❅━━━━━━━

I am feeling too much.

I can feel my heart beating a little too fast, it's thumping against my rib cage. It's throbbing and rejoicing. I feel too much, and it doesn't make me frightened.

Instead, it's the good kind.

My palm splays on the window glass, it's cold and soothing. Helping me with my sweltering needs. I stand at the spot, encapturing the scenic night view.

The beads of lights twinkle up high against the dark backdrop. The full Moon radiates its white beams as if it were awaiting this moment as well. The hustle of the city continues below while I stare at them from afar, from the top.

His warm presence surrounds me, his scent muffling all my senses. His hands come to wrap around my waist, his chin settling on my right shoulder.

Lips skimming the crook of my neck, inhaling and breathing me in. Enticing me, engulfing me as a whole.

We were sitting on the floor a few minutes back when the doorbell rang. It was the lawyer's assistant, he had come back to collect the papers so that they could start the process soon.

Kabir had looked at me, and our eyes had spoken the words that we had discussed. He had given back the papers and contacted the lawyer asking him to nullify the contract, there was going to be no divorce, not one if we could control it.

"It was right here." He whispers in my ear, a tingling sensation overpowering my mind. He knows how sensitive that area is.

"What?"

"Where I decided, that I would be giving you this ring." He mutters. His left hand unwrapping from around my waist, tracing my arm up until my ring-cladded finger.

Carefully caressing it, twisting it as it glistens under the moonlight. Streams of soft kisses drop on my neck and cheek, and I relax my body back on his chest. Angling my neck, giving him better access.

Swiftly I am turned around, my back resting on the transparent glass. The room's still lightened up with the candles and the scent of rose lingers around.