Friends and Foes

Start of TLOU 2! (Pic at the top is young and older Ellie (the girl who i replaced with Red) and in my Avm head cannons this is actually what Red looks like even without tlou tied to it (SHES SO FINE)

Context: Mango and Red now live in Tangelo's town

TLOU 2 has a lot of flashbacks that are necessary for the plot, so I'll tell you guys if it's a flashback or peresent.

Warnings:

~~~~~~~

FLASHBACK

"Red?" He greeted, opening the door. "Hellooo?"

She was sitting at her desk drawing, listening to music with her earphones in. Slowly, he came up behind her and kicked her chair, making her jump.

"Jesus...you almost gave me a heart attack." She chuckled, taking out her earbuds.

"I tried knocking but..."

His voice trailed off as a wave of awkwardness swept over them.

"Hey." She said.

"Hey."

"What's up Mango?"

"Just checking in...y'know folks are talking about how impressed they are with you and how well you're helping out."

"That's good."

"Yeah."

"Tang and I went out riding the other day and he uh...he told me a joke and I thought about you it's um...oh shoot now I forgot it uh...it was something about a clock, how do you--"

"Mango it's uh getting pretty late and I gotta get up in a few hours so..." 

"Yeah yeah I know, and I'm gonna get out of your hair I just uh...I wanna show you something just give me one second." He said, walking out of the door and quickly coming back in again with a guitar.

"What's this?"

"Some folks call this thing here a gee-tar."

"Funny."

"Do you wanna hear something?"

"Okay." She agreed, nodding.

He sat down.

"Promise me you won't laugh." 

"I won't laugh."

He slowly starting strumming the guitar, making a soft rhythm.

"If I ever were to lose you...I'd surely lose myself." He sung, his voice rough and gravely. "Everything that I have found here, I've not found by myself." 

Red watched him play in deep thought.

"Try and sometimes you'll succeed, to make this man of me. All my stolen missing parts, I've no need for anymore. 'Cause I believe...and I believe 'cause I can see...our future days. Days of you and me." He finished, strumming the strings one more time before looking up at Red. "There you go."

"Well, that didn't suck." She admitted, nodding.

Mango laughed.

"I'll take what I can get."

He stood up and held the guitar out to Red. "She's yours."

"...No, no no no no I don't know the first thing about this--"

"I promised I'd teach you how to play." He said firmly, giving the guitar to Red.

She looked up at him. "You did.."