Ch. 27

I trail behind Aiden, careful to keep a discreet distance between us. I don't want to make it obvious that I'm following him, but I also want to stay close enough to offer support in case he trips.

As we reach the living room, Aiden lowers himself slowly onto a couch. I can see the exhaustion etched onto his features. He had only just been discharged from the hospital a few days ago after regaining consciousness.

A lot has happened over the last few days, my uncle for example, who had been turned in by the American mafia to the local police, had been killed in jail. The police had said it was the fault of some of the inmates, but I think we are all smart enough to know that some people weren't happy with the idea of him living.

I sat down on the couch next to Aiden. I had called my brothers down to the living room but they–as always–were taking their sweet time doing that.

"Are you sure about this? We could always make up some stupid excuse.." Aiden asks, but I am quick to cut him off. I can't have him persuade my mind to do something differently.

"I need to do this. If I don't, I don't know if I ever will. Are you fine with this? I mean, I would be outing you too?" I ramble, my hands moving up and down to animate my words.

"I am fine." Aiden's hand lightly rests on my thigh. "This meeting is for you to tell your brothers; I am just here to back you up." Aiden's mouth curls into a bright, but small smile.

"Thank you."

The large wooden door creaks open rapidly and my brothers pour into the room one by one starting with Mylan and ending with Lucien. All sit down in the assorted couches reminding me back when I had first arrived back at the house, now a month ago. It feels like a lifetime has passed since then.

Lucien starts, "So what was this all about Cameron." The air seemed tense and it reminded me of what my brothers probably thought I was going to say.

"It's not what you guys think it is about, I am not leaving." Wait, what if they don't accept Aiden and I? Then we would have to leave. I would take him with me to America, but what if Aiden didn't want to go to America with me? Would we have to have a long distance relationship?!

"Cam," Aiden whispers. "You can tell them." Aiden had taken his hand off my thigh when my brothers came in, but I could tell he was fighting from putting his hand back.

"Well," I start. "Me and Aiden, um, Aiden and I have decided..." Have decided?! That doesn't even make sense.

"Cam, you okay?" Mylan asks from where he sat on a couch next to a completely calm Matheo. Matheo was leaning all the way back on the couch and looked like he was about to go to sleep.

"Aiden and I are gay and are dating." I speak fast then duck my head, barely able to watch as all their expressions change from calm to surprised.

"WHAT?!" Alexandre looks over to Aiden who just nods in conformation. "You guys know what would happen if anyone else found out."

"That's why you ran. Dad found out?" Lucien asks, but it seems more like a statement.

"Yes, after dad found out he told me I could go to America and start a new name for myself. That's what I did."

"Why don't you look surprised Matheo, usually you would be going crazy by now." My brothers all looked at Matheo for an answer.

"I already knew," Matheo shrugs. "First off they are extremely obvious, especially when Aiden got hurt and Cam moped around in his room."

"Hey!" A blush creeped up my neck and I knew Aiden was fighting back a laugh.

"And second, I saw them drunk dancing together on the balcony at the party."

"Matheo, a little privately would have been nice." Aiden starts, but was cut off by Lucien.

"Are you two joking?! What if anyone saw!"

"We are lucky it was only Matheo who did." I replied.

Lucien sighs and then looks over to where Aiden sits uncomfortably in his seat. I raise an eyebrow till I see Alexandre glaring at him ceaselessly. I groan while standing up and walking right in front of Aiden. I pull out one of my knives and point it, for some period of time, at all of my brothers.

"Stop threatening my boyfriend!" I shout.

Matheo looks around at our brothers before giving me a sarcastic smile. "I think what he means to say is that if Aiden hurts Cameron, we can torture him back."

My brothers all nod in agreement. I can barely fight rolling my eyes as Aiden freezes behind me.

————————

You know what they say, what starts with a party and ends with a party.

The smell of whiskey filled the air and not a single classical tune was to be heard, as my brothers, Alessia, Mia, Aiden, and I danced and drank bottle after bottle.

Alessia ungracefully danced in Aiden's and my direction, in doing so almost falling onto me. Luckily I held onto her shoulder as she slurred out, "I'm happy you both could work out your problems and get together. It was soooooooooo painful watching you two, like two dogs *hicp* begging for treats. I be rooting for y'all."

"Um, thanks Alessia," Aiden smiles, not having the heart to tell her that we had been together for a while.

"Oh thanks Cameron," Lucien says, coming up behind Alessia and taking her from me.

"No worries." I wave him off.

"EVERYONE READY FOR THIS!" Alexandre yells, standing on his piano bench.

"Geez Alexandre, no need to scream, we can all hear you just fine. I think the alcohol is getting to your head." Matheo says, while his arms wrapped around Mia's waist.

"Oh fuck off Mat." Alexandre jumps off the bench and lays his hands over the piano keys.

"You hold that knife in a steady grip." Alexandre starts off in an off pitched voice. "You plunge it deep, but, ohh, it doesn't stick. That broke my will, but oh what a thrill." Alexandre points at us all with one hand. "EVERYONE!" He shouts.

"Goodness gracious, dead bodies everywhere!" We all shout before Aiden spins me around and kisses me deeply.

Looking back at my journey, I can't help but wonder if fate brought me back to France for a purpose greater than what I had imagined.

Maybe, just maybe, it was meant to be a reunion with my loved ones, a chance to cherish the moments together and create memories that will last a lifetime. As I close this chapter of my life, I am excited to see what the future holds and to face it with the love and support of my family and Aiden.

The End

.............................

AN: Thank you everyone who's read this story, it really means a lot to me. As I've kept saying I am planning to rewrite this story and hopefully within the next year or so, have it published. Now I know this story is far from the best piece I feel it could be, which is why I plan to add more details and plot to the story. That being said, would you like me to create a new book for the rewrite, or delete these chapters (after the rewrite is done) and place the book here?
Comment your thoughts. That's all for now.