Sandwich

381 words

"Zara!" I was hit with Mira's body.

"Its been years." Mira said dragging out the last word.

"It only been a week." I smiled.

"I know but it felt like forever." She pouted.

"Let's go get some food. A S&S sandwich sounds good." Mira took my arm in hers as we swam to Salmon King.

"I always forget how much I hate their sandwiches. They always put too much seaweed on it, and the salmon isn't even seasoned." She complained.

"How about we go back to my house." I suggested. "I found some stuff on what we saw the other day."

"What did we see the other day?" Mira raised a brow, her words muffled due to her cheeks being stuffed with Shrimp.

I rolled my eyes. "The stuff we saw on land."

"Oh, alright, let's go."

"Fire is a source of heat, but it can also be dangerous because you can burn yourself, but if you touch it and you have something like fabric on, that's the humans form of clothes, it will stay on you and keep burning you." I explained.

"Woah." Mira was at the foot of my bed, full focus as I explained everything.

"And the humans we saw, are pirates. Pirates are mean and steal. They also travel by sea on these big giant things called ships."

"How?" Mira tilted her head.

"I don't know." I shrugged.

"Thats too bad."

"Yeah, there's still so much to learn about." I laid down. "I'm thinking about going up there again."

"I'd love to, it was so much fun, but we both know we'll get caught again."

"True, still, it's fun to think about what else is up there."

"Zara, Bahari is staying at coves. I can trust you to be alone for a couple weeks, right?"

"Yep, you don't have to worry." I smiled.

"Okay, stay safe, don't do anything I wouldn't, love you."

"Love you too." I waved.

Once they left I was back in my room studying more and more about land and pirates and animals.

After a couple hours the neighborhood started to settle down. Kids going back home, lights going off, and noise cutting down to an air bubble popping here and there.

I packed my bag, hesitantly leaving the cave.