14

He looked like he wasn’t going to do it, but did it anyway.

He pulled the ends of his mouth upwards and tried his best to give me a smile.

He already looked like a gangster, but he looked even more scary when he smiled. I was sure that the term “murderous smile” was created based off of his smile.

Cory had probably smiled without any thought, but his smile reminded me of a mafia boss smiling, half mad, after murdering an entire warehouse full of people.

A chill went up my spine. His happy smile was both full of himself and fear itself.

A female student passing by saw his face and shrieked in surprise. Then, another student passed me by and asked if I was okay. One passerby gave me a piece of chocolate and told me good luck.

……that was probably really stressful for Cory………. I was trying not to react to it, but it was just too much so I guess it was time for me to butt in.

“Sir, do you have any friends?”

Cory’s eyes shook slightly. He paused for a long time, then opened his mouth.

“…….I do.”

He struggled to come up with a name, then mentioned the prince.

“You’ve never talked to Hestia, have you.”
“She ran away when I tried talking to her.”

When I asked how he learned about her type, he said that he had coincidentally seen someone confess to Hestia.

When the confessing student asked Hestia, ‘Who is your type, then?! I’ll match them!’, Hestia had responded with ‘Shushu.’ In conclusion, he had just coincidentally heard it while he was passing by.

Apparently, Cory had even been slapped by a stranger when he was just out walking.

He had been sitting on a bench and watching the couples sitting across from him without a thought. A man had then come up to him and asked if Cory was threatening him, then attacked.

Of course, after he had learned that Cory was from a marquis family, he had begged for forgiveness until his hands and feet were dust…….

Then did that mean that in the novel, it wasn’t that Cory didn’t show his affections for Hestia, but that Hestia had one-sidedly avoided being with him? Was that why they hardly met?

Thinking about it, Cory was more of a silent supporter of Hestia. Honestly, I didn’t really know. But the one thing I knew for sure……

This kid, he was just as pitiful as the prince.

I asked him once again.

“Are you really going to join a club filled with people?”

Cory stared at my face for a long time as if deep in thought, then chuckled.

“Give that over here.”

Cory signed the club application.

_________________________

Club activities take place every other day, after lunch.

Club days are great, because morning and afternoon classes both lose an hour each. Anyway, after getting my club paperwork in, I became the leader of the magic circle manipulation club. Meeting Cory every other day became a new part of my day. When I first submitted my application, people whispered about how they didn’t even know what that was and that we would be terminated shortly. They quickly shut their mouths once they saw Cory.