107

CW/TW: Brief blood, depictions of injuries (TL;DR below)

He ended up finding the black magic circle on the back of my hand and slammed his blade into my hand. I wanted to avoid it, but Swanhaden was faster. I was still on my stomach on the floor so I couldn’t even see him–avoiding him was impossible. Blood spurted from my hand as the blade buried itself in my hand.

“Agh…… Eugh…..”

It hurt. It hurt so much. I couldn’t think of this place as a dream any longer. This had to be some sort of alternate reality. Tears welled in my eyes from the pain.

Magic circles never received any damage from physical attacks. Even if this was another world, there was no way that Swanhaden, someone who used white magic, wouldn’t know about this. He had to be doing this on purpose.

I tried my best to fight back, but Swanhaden held my hair in one hand and pressed my head down. Then, he added some kind of spell on the ring and slammed the blade down on my hand again.

When he slammed down the blade again, the black magic circle on my hand broke completely. The circle shone brightly one last time before disappearing.

“What are you?”

Swanhaden finally looked at me directly, as if he could finally see me. He rolled me away from him with his foot as he made me look forward. I could see Swanhaden looking like a devil with his narrowed eyes. His long, white hair hung around his face as he inched closer to me.

“From what I understand, black magicians don’t exist. And the origin of black magic, the black dragon, has been dead for thousands of years.”

His voice, which had been slightly muffled, grew clearer.

“…..eugh …..Let me go.”

I barely got my voice to work. It was a stupid thing to say. There was no way that this kind of villainous Swanhaden would let me go when I asked him to, but I just wanted to say something, anything, at the moment. My head kept ringing.

Swanhaden yanked my hair and pulled my face near his own. I could see his face from nearby.

Swan peered at my face with an amused expression, as if I was nothing more than a toy.

“Maybe you are a black magician.”

He tilted his head slightly and twisted my head sideways to get a closer look.

“And maybe you’re not.”

Swanhaden continued to stare interestedly at me before smiling.

“Do you know who I am? You don’t even know me but you’re scared stiff, huh?”

I resisted the urge to scoff at Swanhaden’s words. Well, if someone just attacked you from behind from nowhere, stabbed your hand, then glared at you with eyes that were full of insanity, it wouldn’t be weird for someone to pee in their pants where they stood, okay?

When I didn’t react at all, he shrugged his shoulder. He wasn’t truly interested if I knew who he was or not.

“If I twist around a black magician, they’d probably squeal in pain too, right?”

The only thing of interest to him was others’ pain.

Swanhaden brought the blade that was wet with both his and my blood towards my neck. The blade pressed onto my neck as it created a scratch.

“I don’t know what you were doing here but, you know. You should play with me.”

Swanhaden raised the ring near my neck up, and my chin raised up with it. I had been avoiding his gaze full of insanity, but was forced to look him in the eyes again.