A Rival

•Chapter #1•

I race into the school car park in my 1979 cherry red Camaro. The stereo was blasting Rebel Yell by Billy Idol, I kept my eyes focused on what was in front of me, knowing everyone who "despised" me was either staring or peeking out the corner of their eyes.

I swing my door open before stepping out with my black leather boots on, that lifted me an extra 4 inches off the ground. My bootleg jeans hugging my thighs and ass caught the eyes of some of the girls who try to steal or use my style. I had my black Van Halen shirt on and reached back in my car, picking up my black leather jacket swinging it over my shoulder and walking to the back of the car as I closed my door behind me.

I leant on the back of my baby placing my jacket down softly making sure there was no way I'd scratch her. Ash I had named her even though she was bright red I couldn't help it, Ash just stuck. I pulled a cigarette out of my back left pocket putting it to my lips and pulling a lighter out of the right one. As I bring the flame to the end of my cigarette I hear a familiar engine pulling into the school, I stand in a slight state of shock peering over my black Ray-Ban glasses I see Ash's twin in a royal blue pull into a park across from me.

"You've got to be fucken kidding me" I breathe out lightly as I roll my eyes, I stand up confidently watching and waiting to see who my new opponent is. The driver door swings open and I see a tall boy step out, he was wearing the perfect blue jeans to show off his figure with a black belt resting around his hips, a matching blue denim jacket rests on top of his almost see through white shirt. The mullet on this man was incredibly breathtaking, his blue jeans and jacket made his blue eyes pop, but as handsome as he was I had to show him I was the popular badass not him.

A ginger haired girl huffed as she stepped out of the car grabbing her skateboard, obviously not happy with something she placed the board down and raced over towards the middle school across the street. I look back to this mystery boy and my car must've caught his eye because he was gawking at me with a confused but impressed look. I stay strong and place the cigarette between my lips breathing it in, then dropping it and rubbing it into the concrete with my boot before looking away from the boy, picking up my jacket, and walking towards the school.

Steve my best friend who was "The King of Hawkins High" ran up beside me placing his arm around my shoulder.

"Y/n how was the rest of your summer?" Steve says taking off his matching Ray-Bans and slotting the arm down his shirt leaving them resting on the lowest part of his collar.

"Good until 5 minutes ago" I reply while we walked down the corridor,

"Yep I saw that, he was fully eyeing you up y/n" Steve exclaims and I let out a small laugh.

"He seems like he could be a bit of a threat did you see all the girls drooling over him?"I sigh at Steve's comment knowing he had a girlfriend and didn't need more girls giving him attention.

⏳⌛️

"Ash isn't a one and only anymore" I sigh

"Who's Ash?" Nancy asks with one of her brows raised.

"My car Nance" I say in a nice but obviously annoyed tone

"wait why are you worried about that, your cars still nice?" she asks.

"It's the exact same but in blue and it annoys the shit out of me, she's iconic and is... well was the only one in town." I exclaim while looking over at him with piercing eyes while he chats and laughs with his new friends.

He was already fitting in with the basketball boys and had every girl staring in his direction. I was pulled out of my glare as Tina walked past me talking with her friends,

"he was in my first class!" She squeals, "his names Billy Hargrove."

"Billy Hargrove" I say under my breath directing my gaze in his direction again.
——————————————————-

Umm was this good enough for a first chapter thingy yk like should I continue or just leave it here HELP 😭