Nano's Past (Part 3)

Greia woke up and saw Nano floating while looking at him.

"...You were looking at me like that the whole time?" Greia asked.

"Yes" Nano answered clearly and briefly.

"Oh yeah today is the day the trash from the tower on the mountain was thrown down, I'm going there to look for something nice, do you want to come?" Greai asked Nano who continued to look at him without saying anything.

"Yes, I will continue to follow you because you have fixed me" Nano answered and floated closer to Greia before leaving his house.

*********************************
At the Ark Tower yesterday, a researcher walked into the room carrying some files in his hand and encountered a man holding a strange object.

"Are you sure you want to throw that thing away sir?" The researcher said to the man who was the Overseer.

"Yes, I want you to throw it away at exactly 5 am." Overseer said while throwing an object in the form of a small chest.

The researcher caught the object and was confused by the Overseer's order to throw away the object that Project Ark had been working hard to make over the last few months. The researcher wanted to ask the Overseer the reason for the order but after he raised his gaze and looked at him, he immediately bowed and immediately carried out his task.

The researcher left and only Overseer looked at the empty room before he walked out of the room and disappeared into the darkness.

*********************************
5 am at the foot of the mountain, Greia and Nano arrived and saw a lot of scrap metal and rubbish from the Ark Tower.

"Woah.. Let's find something good." Greia smiled broadly when he saw many items that might be something valuable, and then running and looking for them in the pile.

Nano saw Greia smiling broadly made him feel like he wanted to do something even though he was just an artifact, Nano flew up and scanned the pile of rubbish before finding something under the pile of rubbish.

"Greia, can you dig in there?" Nano said to Greia.

Greia then walked towards the pile of rubbish that Nano was referring to and found a small chest from under the pile of rubbish.

"Chest?" Greia said and looked at Nano.

Nano then looked at the chest before using one of the artifact's functions.

[Unlocking... Complete]

Crack!

The sound sounded in the chest and made it open, Greia opened it and saw an object that looked like a computer chip with a black, translucent crystal embedded in the center.

"This..?" Greia showed the object to Nano.

"This is the Artifact Upgrading Chip or AUC for short, which is a chip that is used to update artifacts and make them unlock various new functions depending on the type of chip. But, i don't know that there is a crystal in the center of AUC." Nano answered while scanning the chip.

"This AUC is red, which means the update will be very massive." Nano said.

"Then there must be other colors, right?" Greia said to Nano.

"AUC is divided into three colors: green, blue, and red. Green is a small update, blue is an update related to function, and red is an update that affects the system." Nano answered it.

"Wow... then... let's update your system! You'll definitely be even more sophisticated after the update." Greia said to Nano excitedly.

Greia and Nano walked back to the village leaving the rubbish dump. Right after they left the place, a man with long greenish-white hair came to the place and saw them from afar.

"..." The man then walked into the snowstorm and disappeared.

At night, Greia carefully inserted the AUC into the Nano's frame and closed it again before activating it.

[AUC detected]

[Updating...]

"...This seems like it's going to take a long time, right? But I'll definitely look after him until he's finished, because...even though he's just an artifact...he's my first friend..." Greia smiled while looking at Nano who was in the updating phase.

In the middle of the night, Greia looked very sleepy and seemed like he was going to fall asleep soon, but he tried to hold it in and look after Nano in case anything happened. 1 hour passed, Greia's eyes had reached their limit and soon they would close and he would fall asleep. But just when he was about to fall asleep, Nano screamed in pain and was electrocuted.

"Aaah!" Nano screams in pain with an electric shock around him making Greia wake up.

"Are you okay?!" Greia asked Nano, but he didn't answer him.

Greia then wanted to lift him up but he was hit by the same electric shock which caused him a lot of pain.

"Ugh!" Greia fell from his chair due to an electric shock.

"W-wait no... don't faint now..." The electric shock made his body weaken and he fainted due to lack of energy.

Greia's eyes slowly closed and he saw Nano who was continuously electrocuted before falling off the table and rolling to his side.

[Update Complete]

[New System: Artificial Emotion]

..

"?!" Greia woke up as if she had just had a nightmare before seeing Nano floating on the table looking at him.

"You're awake, Greia" Nano answered in a voice that now didn't sound like a machine but a girl.

"...Wait, a girl's voice? You're a girl..?" Greia looked at Nano in surprise.

"Girl? I'm just an artifact so I don't have a gender, but I got this language module after updating." Nano said clearly like a human with a female voice.

"...I don't know what to call you, your name is too... hard." Greia said to Nano.

"?" Nano just looked at him like she was confused.

"Wouldn't it be better if your name was Nano? What if I named you that?" Greia said to Nano while smiling at her.

"Then..." Nano said

[Updating Profile: Name]

[Complete, Name: Nano]

"Then you can call me Nano." Nano said to Greia.

"Now that's comfortable, right?" Greia chuckled while patting Nano on her head even though it was just an artifact in the shape of big eyes.

Nano felt the caress on her head making her feel a strange feeling that she had never felt before, it made Nano close her eyes and felt Greia's hand patting her head and a message appeared inside her.

[Artificial Emotion Resonates]

[New Artificial Emotion: Happiness]