Underworld (Part 2)

Naku and Lumina walked into the city through dark alleys that local residents could not see.

"I just saw... Ordinary humans.. Didn't you say humans are in the Overworld?" Naku said looking at Lumina.

"Due to the extinction of the Angel and Demon races, no one is monitoring the rules made by nature and as a result many other races are trying to enter or leave the Underworld using artifacts created by Project:ARK." Lumina said while walking in front of Naku.

"So Project:ARK was the first to break these rules? Not the races that had a grudge against Angel?" Naku asked with a surprised expression.

"Yes, you must have realized why we went down a path that could kill us instead of using their safe artifact" Lumina looked at Naku who was thinking about her words and realized it.

"Because we will be detected by them?" Naku answered it.

"Mhm, besides, wouldn't it be nice to go down the road we passed earlier." Lumina chuckled.

The two of them walked down a narrow and dark alley which was far from the city square, Lumina then stopped right in front of a man dressed in torn and dirty clothes.

"Uncle, I want to bought 4 robes for 1 gold coin." Lumina gave him one gold coin, and the man gave her 4 black robes that looked clean.

"You're back? Why aren't you with your sister?" The man said.

"Oh... Sis Luna is taking care of important business, she said, then I'll go first uncle, don't forget to buy your medicine" Lumina smiled at the man before walking past him. Naku was about to walk after her but then his hand was grabbed by the man.

"Kid, I think you followed Lumina because you were being chased by them too?" The man said.

"They...? Do you mean Project Ark?" Naku said looking at the man who seemed to be having difficulty standing.

"Yes.. Even though we've just met.. I beg you to look after Lumina because she's not with her sister, she's a girl who is still innocent about this world just like you. But she's my savior, she saved me from them who wanted to make me as experimental material." The man held Naku's hand gently and tried to stand up but his legs were shaking.

"As she said, you should rest uncle. I will definitely take hee where she want to go because that's what she wanted after saving me from them too." Naku helped the uncle sit down and smiled at him before running after Lumina.

...

Naku and Lumina arrived at the border of the Sea of ​​Clouds region.

"Hmm... Ahead we will arrive at a dangerous region called the Crimson Cloud region." Lumina pointed forward and Naku saw from a distance a small red speck which was a red cloud.

"So far... And also.. Crimson Cloud? Sounds familiar." Naku thought about it before Nano jumped out of his bag and flew onto Naku's shoulder.

"Isn't the eagle you fought earlier called the Crimson Eagle? There are probably many creatures like that there." Nano said to Naku.

"But how do we get there? It's so far- UGH?!" Nano said before being electrocuted for a moment.

"Nano..?" Naku holds Nano who fell and then regains consciousness.

"N-naku...! My module had a malfunction..., my scanning module activated itself and only detected one thing." Nano said while getting electrocuted several times.

"What did you detect Nano? Is it around here?" Naku said in a worried tone.

"G-go right then look d-d-down." Nano said.

Naku and Lumina then walked to where Nano directed them, and saw a sea of ​​clouds below them.

"Are you sure there's something down here?" Naku said looking at Nano.

"Y-yes there is a small island below here." Nano then flew slowly down the sea of ​​clouds and saw a small island full of rocks.

"Huh..? This is not an island, but one of Project Ark's failed weapons, if I'm not mistaken it's called Experimental Island" Lumina said while looking at the rocks around her.

"Naku, Lumina... Come here, look at this." Nano said as she flew behind the rocks.

Naku and Lumina saw a human bone wearing a torn laboratory coat, and the human bone's hand was holding an object in the form of a blue AUC (Artifact Upgrading Chip).

"Isn't this the thing in your memory?" Naku said to Nano.

"Yes... This is a chip that allows an artifact to update to become more sophisticated. I have used one as you know from memory." Nano said before then throwing it to Naku.

"Then, I'll help you update, and Lumina will help too." Naku said before then putting Nano into his lap.

"If I updating.. That means I won't function for a moment or maybe a few hours and enter Sleep mode. And judging from this AUC color... I think this will give me a new function." Nano said to Naku.

"It's okay, besides I think we'll take a short break while you update, right Lumina?" Naku looked at Lumina.

"Yes, besides Naku's wound isn't completely healed, so we'll rest first. I'll help Naku to insert the chip into your frame. " Lumina said and sat in front of Naku.

"Then... I'm ready." Nano said.

Naku and Lumina removed Nano's body frame and put the AUC in for her to use and right after installing the AUC, Nano fell and entered Sleep Mode before then saying.

"Updating..." Nano said while falling asleep on Naku's lap.

After 5 hours, Naku and Lumina heard Nano making a sound.

"Updating Complete, New Function: Database Connection: Project:ARK, Level: Green" Nano said before waking up from sleep mode.

"How is it Nano? Is the updating going smoothly?" Naku said to Nano.

"Yes, and... This function... is a function found in the Ark model," Nano said.

"Hm... Then, that could be very useful but also very dangerous. We can access the Project Ark database to get information but can also be detected by them the moment you connect to the database." Lumina said.

"I think sis Luna knows a way for you to access their Database without being detected, but first... We have to get there first." Lumina said to Nano.

"Then, for now I won't use this function" Nano said before then lifting Lumina and Naku to fly to the island above them.

They then flew through the sea of ​​clouds and towards the Crimson Cloud region.