Daisy- Silvie Drops a Bomb

Ok this chapter is a little all over the place but bear with me

Also enjoy the new chapter names

There was no getting away from what had happened to Mrs. Norris. Everywhere I turned, people were talking about her. They didn't even seem sad, just amused that the cat was no longer around, like what had happened to her wasn't terrible. No one seemed to care that she was now in the hospital wing, completely frozen with a terrified expression on her face.

After a while, the talk of Mrs. Norris died down, replaced with musings as to who the so-called 'heir of Slytherin' was. Most people thought it was Harry Potter, but I thought anyone who had met the guy would know it wasn't. For one thing, he was a Gryffindor. I figured it was pretty obvious it couldn't be him.

It took a few weeks for everything to die down completely, and that was exactly when whoever had done it the first time striked again.

The first Quidditch match of the year ended somewhat chaotically, with Harry Potter's arm reduced to a floppy tube and an almost fist fight between the two teams' captains. The next day, we got the news. A first year Gryffindor boy, Colin Creevy, had been attacked, petrified, just like Mrs. Norris.

"It's Harry Potter, I'm telling you," Ernie Macmillan said one day in the Hufflepuff common room. A bunch of us were sitting by the fire, having a discussion about what had been happening. It was Cedric's idea. "He hates muggles; have you ever heard him talk about the ones he lives with? It's no surprise he's going after muggle-borns."

"Blimey," Justin Finch-Fletchly muttered. "I told him I'm half and half— do you think he's coming for me next?"

My brow furrowed slightly, and my stomach tightened. I was a half-blood. Would I be targeted?

"You should stay away from him," Ernie said nervously. "Stay in the common room. Who knows who he'll go after next?"

"But we've met Harry," Susan Bones said. "He's very nice. Why would he be attacking people?"

"That's the perfect front, isn't it?" Ernie said conspiratorially. "Pretend to be nice to get people to trust you. And remember the dueling club? He's a parselmouth! There's been no light wizard who could do that."

I hadn't been at the dueling club that happened a few weeks ago. Apparently I had missed a lot. Harry was a parselmouth? How? Ernie was right, I'd never heard of that ability in a light wizard, but Harry was a good person. He'd gone after the sorcerer's stone last year when You-Know-Who was after it, stopping him from coming back. I'd talked to him a few times, too. He was a nice person.

"Every rule has exceptions," I offered. "Just because an ability is branded as bad doesn't mean someone who has it is bad, right?"

"It doesn't work like that," Ernie said. "If you can do something bad, that makes you bad."

I looked down at my wand, resting in my lap. How much bad could that little stick of wood do? It was a valuable tool, yes, but it had the ability to cast terrible curses. Did that make all witches and wizards bad?

"He's right," Hannah said, looking down. "Parselmouths are the mark of a bad wizard. Why would he be able to do it if he wasn't the heir of Slytherin? Salazar Slytherin himself was a parselmouth, wasn't he?"

"He was," Ernie said. "I'm serious, Justin, you should stay here where it's safe."

***

In the end, it seemed Ernie was right. Maybe a few weeks later, right before winter break, Harry Potter found Justin and one of the ghosts. They were both petrified.