Vera- I Hate My Siblings (But, You Know, With love)

I just had a test in a class that my teacher hasn't been here for for a whole month. Why.

The house was really loud, and I was tired. Nancy and Austin were out on a date night or whatever, leaving me to take care of the youngins. Ben was always a chill kid, but Olive, in all her four year old glory, claimed she was bored and refused to play with any of the toys I offered her. On top of that, Taylor, the new (I say new, but she was six months old at that point) baby, would not stop crying no matter what I did.

Being a parent was hard. I had to balance Tay in one arm, try to amuse Olive with the other, and keep myself up and standing in the process. Meanwhile, Ben sat on the couch and played with his batman toys. Lucky kid.

"You guys are little gremlins," I muttered, watching as Olive threw away another doll she deemed unworthy. Tay continued to cry, even though I had fed her, burped her, and changed her diaper (which was so completely gross). I couldn't even put her down, because she would shriek even louder if I did.

I wondered what Daisy would do if she was here. She seemed like she would be good with kids. She'd probably know what to do. I mean, I had no evidence that she would, but I also had no evidence that she wouldn't, so I decided I was right.

Anyway, all that continued for another hour before I realized that Olive was just overtired and I put her to bed. Then there was Tay, who apparently just didn't like the onesie she had been wearing. Once that was changed, she calmed right down and I put her in her little bouncy chair thing.

I collapsed on the couch next to Ben, groaning. Ben didn't even look up. He clashed two batman toys together and made explosion noises.

Ben looked at me. "You wanna train?"

"Yeah, sure."

Training was a game we played where Ben hit me with a stick. No, not really. He got an old broom pole and pretended to be Black Widow while I got a foam Thor's hammer and acted like a god (which wasn't too hard. I mean, come on). Then we tried to kill each other. Okay, no, we didn't do that. Ben was training me to be a super assassin like him. It was hard work. [ps this is exactly what I do with the kid I babysit. Don't judge me.]

So we did that for a while. I got a few new bruises, but it was totally worth it, because I was able to hit him in the face with my foam hammer. Ben was a good sport. He took it like a champ and then hit me in the arm. We had fun.

Anyway, after that Ben decided to swap out our weapons for pillows, which he claimed were swords. I liked those a lot better than our other weapons, because with them I got to hit Ben without wondering if I'd hurt him.

Then Ben destroyed me at chutes and ladders and I put him to bed as revenge. Honestly, I had no idea how Nancy and Austin did it. As soon as I was ready to go to bed, Tay woke up and started crying, and I seriously considered making a run for it.

But just then Nancy and Austin got home and I left them to deal with their offspring. Tomorrow, it was back to Hogwarts.

***

Aside from all those mysterious petrified bodies that kept showing up at random, I was glad to be back at Hogwarts. As much as I loved my siblings, they could be a real pain in the ass sometimes. That's what I thought, but after only a few days back at school, I missed them.

Anyway, there hadn't been any attacks since Finch-Fletchley and the ghost, so I was hoping there wouldn't be any others. That was mostly my denial speaking, though, trying to think up any way I would be safe.

I was found in a busy playground when I was two years old. I guess my parents decided it was the best place to leave me. I remember playing around for hours, not even noticing when they left me there. Eventually, as the day got later and the park emptied out, someone noticed I was there by myself, and they took me to the police.