Chapter 1: Frozen In Fear

Alicia's POV

“This suits you better”.

“ I don't think so!”.

It was late and noisy as Katie was picking up different dresses. short ones and tall ones that had ridiculous openings.

Katie and I were high school friends and still ended up working together in a bar. Her work was simpler compared to mine.

Putting makeup on me and making me wear seductive dresses was all she had to do. Despite the negative feelings in her heart, the position suited her long time craving for makeup and beauty.

It was visible that she would always try to walk like a model. Her tall thin legs gave her the advantage and her deep brown eyes promoted her.

Despite all the physical beauty that Katie possessed, my boss still chose me to be the one to dance on the pole.

This night was different from all, because the bar was full like never before.

My eyes were reflecting my fear of the night's performance. Me on that pole with so many gazes, it was the latest.

I didn't realize that I had freezed for a long time until Katie slapped me on my cheek with her soft hand.

''Are you daydreaming?”, She asked as I shoke from her slap. “No, I just kinda feel weird today”, I answered.

“Why feel weird Alicia, isn't this night Same as all nights?”She didn't understand the feeling of being up there.

“Katie!”she stopped selecting the dresses and faced towards me. “I don't think I can still perform tonight”, I said sadly.

“Calm on Alicia, it will be all over just endure like all times and besides, you are going to be wearing a mask ain't you?”

Before I could answer, the door opened. It was our boss sir Gino, he's strict and wanted everything to go smoothly.

“What's keeping you girls!Ah Alicia!?”His voice was terrifying and aggressive. “She's almost done sir!”Katie answered sharply.

“Be on the stage in five minutes!”He ordered and closed the door behind him. It gave me a terror that frightened my heart.

“Come dressup Alicia, just remembered who you are doing this for”, I heard Katie's comforting voice which made me remember that I was the only hope for my mom since dad died.

Courage surpassed my fear. I wore the black dress that Katie chose for me and my mask. Opened the door and I was already on that decorated stage.

The rays of lights flashed on my face. I could hear the crowd cheering for me and lustful words coming from their lips.

Emotions collided in my heart and I was already dancing to the music.

“Well done Alicia!”, I heard my boss's voice.

I was done and couldn't wait a second to leave the stage, rushed back to the dressing room and Katie followed me behind.

“OMG Alicia, it all went well!”, Said Katie. I just froze with relief. “Let me take a picture as remembrance”, she took a picture of me but I didn't care.

All I wanted by then was to go home to mom. “Katie we have to go home, please go check the situation outside”, I said as I stood to change the clothes.

“Yes, I will be right back!”Katie went outside to see if all the attendants had gone. Nobody had to know my face or my name.

I was done washing away the make-up and I was back into my blue dress that was long enough to cover my knees.

Katie was taking too much time, I looked at my clock. It was exactly 9pm accurately. I decided to follow her.

I carefully opened the door and passed by the short passage, the bar was empty and silent with red lights turned on.

It seemed that Katie was still outside the bar, so I turned to walk outside. Suddenly I heard a hungry voice call my name. “Alicia!”. I looked back.

I saw a guy but he was too old for me to address him as a guy. “Sir, what are you still doing here?”, I asked but he was noticeably silent.

My nerves were relaxed knowing that the guy wouldn't hurt me no matter how dark the bar gets. Why would an old man like him be in a bar?.

The man was still silent. I sensed his gaze glued on my face. I turned to walk away from him.

Suddenly I started hearing footsteps approaching, I stood still and looked back at the guy but he was not there anymore. “Did he just disappear?”.

I became confused trying to put clarity to what just happened. I felt a sudden pain in my head and fell down. The figure appeared standing tall in front of me.

It was a man, he hit my head with the wood in his hands. His face became blurry. felt really dizzy and passed out.

The next time I regained my consciousness. My eyes were fixed on the roofing and the golden lights, I tried to lift my head up but it hurts.

I supported it with my hand, looking around the room, I saw the room looking fancy, every decoration was golden and sparkling.

The door opened and the same figure appeared. It was the old man from the bar. “What am I doing here?”, I asked in fear.

“Come down cutie, you are all safe”, he said. His voice was clear and his skin didn't have much wrinkles but he was old.

His step was still good like a man who could be in his late thirties. There was no doubt that he was of high status.

I stood from the bed I was laid on and glanced at the door. It wasn't locked. The man moved forward in the room and his back became my view.

I hurriedly opened the door and ran outside and closed it, leaving him inside. I rocked the door from the outside.

When I turned to run away, I saw countless alleys, all leading to different rooms. Is this a hotel?.

I had to find the exit, so I started walking in the passages until the lights turned off. It became dark that I could only see the color of death and loneliness.

I hugged the Wall and began walking in its line. Walked for a few seconds and the lights turned on again.

Looking forward, I saw the same old man appear in front of me. “Thought you could escape?”, He said.

I was quiet and confused. “Just accept your fate young lady”, he said, spreading his hands in the air like he was holding a lecture.

“What do you want from me?”I asked him, showing no emotion. “Just a little favor miss cutie”, his voice was lustful.

“Please sir let me go, my mom is alone”, I said in a sorrowful tone.

“You will go, but after you grant my wish”.

“What's your wish?”, I asked curiously. “Come on don't act like a holy Angel, slut!”, His voice made my heart beat change.

“Alright, but I need to go to the bathroom first”, I decided to agree with him and find the exit.

“You are right, I need you in something short, not that rug you are wearing”, couldn't believe these words were coming from an old man like him.

Suddenly two ladies came from one of the rooms. They were holding two different short dresses. “You can pick your choice”, the old man said.

I randomly chose the black dress from the blue one on the left. “Alright, girl you know what to do!”. The two ladies escorted me to the bathroom.

We reached a certain room that was closed. “Here is the bathroom, be quick to change your clothes!”, The lady on the left instructed.

I entered the bathroom and closed the door, leaving them outside waiting.