Chapter : New Secretary

Alicia's POV

I didn't want anything bad to happen to me again, it would make my mom insane.

I texted my boss Gino but he was not replying, my mom was stuck in the kitchen, making breakfast for me as I knew by the smell that reached my nostril.

I put my phone on the table, looked at my laptop that had been sitting on the table for some months without being used.

The laptop was precious to me because it was the gift that dad gave to me on his last day on earth.

I held it in my hands, a tear escaped my eye when random feelings attacked me. My dad’s face was appearing clearly in my head, his smile and sweet words.

Couldn't help but smile sadly, hugging the laptop on my chest and my tears dropping on it.

I decided to connect it to a cable, when a thought came to my mind. Checking up on the last application letters I sent to different companies.

I took a quick look at the application letters with dying hope, I knew they all had apologies to tell me.

They all said; Dear Miss Breka, we are sorry to inform you that bla bla bla..

Just when I decided to close the laptop, a notification popped up, it said; Abz home decor and design is urgently looking for a qualified secretary. They listed out the qualities which I didn't care if I was properly suited or not.

Couldn't believe what I was seeing, so I reread the content several times just to make sure that my eyes were not deceiving me.

I sent them my application letter as soon as I could, but I thought that the results would be apologies like usual.

And it was a fact that I was not the only one who sent an application letter, there could be others more qualified than me.

I relaxed and closed my laptop, waiting for their response which normally takes days to come.

As I sat comfortably on the edge of the bed, the aroma of the food mom was preparing hunted my nostril strongly.

I stood to go and have a taste, suddenly I heard a notification from the laptop. Did I forget to switch off the data? I reached for it.

Yes, I had forgotten to switch the data, but what was the notification all about? I opened the link of the notification which said; Dear Miss Breka, we are happy to inform you that you qualify

I didn't finish reading it, when my mouth started shouting, “mom!mom!”, as I ran to the kitchen with the laptop.

I was finally in the kitchen, mom startled at my noise leaving the pot of soup boiling behind her.

I hugged her without saying a word.

“What is it Alicia?Did something happen?”she asked, tight in my arms.

I pulled from the hug and showed her the message from my laptop. She read attentively.

“what! A job?”, she asked as she covered her mouth with her hand, looking like she would cry any time.

“Yes mom, I can't believe it either”, I smiled at her.

“I am very happy for you sweetheart, I am preparing some breakfast for you…, sit down and eat before you go”, she said, making me sit on the chair.

Why was she in a rush and did I tell her that I was going to the interview the very same day?.

“Mom, I am not going to the interview today.., why in a rush?”, I stood up from the chair.