xlix

• third person •

Diluc leant towards Kaeya, whispering just quietly enough so that only he could hear.

"She's staring at us pretty intensely."

Kaeya nodded, averting his gaze a little.

"Don't interrupt her train of thought," he whispered back. "She's in the zone."

Finally, (Y/N) had agreed to allow the brothers to try on their outfits she had been carefully crafting all of this time. After all, Diluc's birthday was rapidly arriving, and not once had she actually seen how the outfits looked on them. Perhaps it could enlighten her on where exactly she was going wrong.

(Y/N)'s eyes were narrowed, her hand holding her chin, a pin holder in her other.

Huh...

(Y/N)'s gaze was fixed upon Kaeya.

Now that she had seen him in it, nothing seemed to be wrong with the outfit anymore.

Kaeya blushed slightly when she approached him, beginning to fiddle with the different parts of the clothes. It wasn't so different from the outfit all those years ago, at that banquet in the winery, the day (Y/N) finally began to place her trust into him again.

And then she stepped back, looking away.

"Okay. Take it off."

"My pleasure," Kaeya said with a grin.

"Ew," Diluc mumbled.

(Y/N) rolled her eyes, pushing them both out of her room. Of course, the brothers burst into giggles as the door was swiftly shut behind them.

"You look pretty good," Diluc complimented with a grin. "Don't try and outshine me on my birthday, okay? Hehe!"

Kaeya folded his arms, beaming. "I'll try not to." He shrugged. "No promises though."

Diluc giggled, gently ruffling his little brother's hair, before rushing back to his room.

And as he did so, Kaeya simply stood, staring at his back as he left in silence.

I wonder how Diluc would react... I've been so focussed on (Y/N), I forgot that... I even have to tell my brother one day.

In fact, I would tell him first... even before (Y/N).

I'm sure... he would understand, wouldn't he..?

Lost in thought, Kaeya held his chin, before wandering off back to his own room.

Though, when he managed to get dear (Y/N)'s outfit off him, Diluc seemed to have long been done, having a chat with their father on the bottom floor.

Kaeya stared over the railing.

"Yep, they look really good! You really brought a talent in with (Y/N), Father."

Diluc folded his arms. "You can't see though. It's a surprise for you on my birthday! Actually... I should tell (Y/N) that too so that she doesn't show you."