Chapter 2

I woke up with a giddy feeling and a massive hangover. Jessica had gone home with whatever guy she was dancing with, so I parted ways with Reneé and took an Uber home. I groaned and rolled over, tapping my phone with my right hand; great, dead. I must have forgotten to plug it in last night. I clumsily shoved it on the charger and got out of bed. I had no idea what time it was, but I knew my dad was going to be pissed. I stumbled into the shower and washed everything but my hair; there was no point if I was just heading straight to the barn. I pulled on navy riding pants, a white top, and a sweatshirt and went to check my phone. I had two missed text messages, one from my dad saying I was late and another from an unknown number.

Morning gorgeous

It couldn't possibly be Reneé, could it?

Who is this?

I shoved my phone in my tote bag and rushed out the door to the nearest subway station. I was so late, my dad was going to kill me. Blu awaited me by the gate when I got to the barn. I immediately felt a bit better upon seeing him. I smiled and lifted the halter over his ears, he was such a sweet boy. I sighed, looking down at the lower half of his body; he was gray so of course he was caked in mud. Immediately getting to work on his legs, my dad walked in.

"Had a lot of fun last night, I see?" He smiled at me.

"Actually, I didn't expect to like it, but Jessica and I got invited to an after-party."

I check my phone one more time before my ride.

You know who this is baby, unless I didn't make the impression I thought I did last night...

Oh, hi Reneé... I contemplated for a moment; you made quite the impression last night.

God, she was so hot and so sweet. I snapped a quick picture of Blu making a silly face in the crossties and led him to the indoor arena. I warmed him up, not paying much attention at all. I couldn't stop thinking about how much I wanted to see the blonde again. Hopefully, she will still be in New York for a while. My dad took it easy on me, just a short jump course and some flat work. Blu needed his rest after our hard ride yesterday, but I knew I had to get on Aurora next. I put Blu back in his field and grabbed Aurora, carefully walking her into the barn. She was the complete opposite of Blu, spicy and moody. I snapped a photo of her as she pinned her ears at me, trying to take a chunk out of my arm. I let her settle in the ties and picked up my phone.

I'm glad I made such an impression :) I'd love to see you again; what are you doing tonight? Her text was dated a few hours ago. I see you are busy.

I grinned from ear to ear, taking a screenshot and sending it to Jessica.

Nothing planned. I'm with the horses right now, but I'll be back in Brooklyn at 5

She responded immediately, Do you want to have a movie night? I'd love to take you out for real, but I'm still hungover, haha.

There was no way she asked me on a date; I didn't feel like traveling outside of Brooklyn after coming all the way from Long Island... I'd love to... we can hang out at my place? This pizza place down the street has the best garlic knots in the city. Hangover cure for sure

I held my breath while I waited for her to respond.

Sounds perfect, what time?

I looked at the time; it was just after 3pm. I'd ride Aurora for about an hour and then have to get back home and shower. 7:30?

Great, gives me time to shower... send me the address

I couldn't help but picture her in the shower. I groaned and put my phone away, mounting Aurora.