Welcome to the Villains' World

To me. To them. To yourself.
The hour grows long, and time is scarce.

Keep steady your grip, no matter what may come...

You awake, hearing a thud of some sort. "What's that noise?" You try to get up, but when you try to do so, you hit your head on something right above you.

As you rub the spot where your head hit, you hear a voice. The voice says, "I better hurry up and find that uniform before someone spots me..." and it's accompanied by a slight rumble from above whatever you're being held in.

"Urgggh... This lid weighs a ton!" You hear that followed by a smack on the lid. "Try this on for size! Mya-ha!"

Blue flames surround both in and out of the thing that you've been contained in. You let out a small, yet high pitched yelp. Though, since the quantity of the flames are rather small, it doesn't hurt too much. The lid is slid towards your left with ease given how the fire has melted parts of it.

"Now to grab the goods..." It was said by some sort of furred creature with a pitchforked tail and blue flamed ears. When you sit up, the creature jumps back in surprise. "What?! You ain't supposed to be awake!"

"Are those...floating coffins? And I've never seen a Pokémon like you, especially a talking one. Just what kind of crazy adventure am I experiencing in death." You put a hand on your forehead, trying to make sense of everything that just happened.

"I don't know what a Pokémon is, but I am no POKÉMON! I'm Grim, sorcerer extraordinaire!" The beast yelled with his paws on his hips.

"Tch. Whatever. You...human! Just gimme your uniform, and be quick about it!" The beast said with a smug look on his face, huffing out puffs of fire. "Cause if you don't...you're gonna regret it!"

You grab onto the strap of your bag, still on your body because you haven't put it down yet. You chuckle, remembering that all your Pokémon are still in your bag. But, you are wearing some strange clothing, probably the uniform the little beast was talking about. "Well, you're just going to have to catch me for it."

You jump out of the coffin and run. Throwing doors open, speeding around the courtyard, running through corridors, etc. You run into a dimly light library and slow down a bit. In the end, you still are human and the robe does weigh you down after sweating from the run.

"Arceus, where have you brought me to? And why can't I find the stupid exit to this place?!" You look up, talking at first though that did change pretty quickly.

"Foolish human!" A breath of fire was launched right beside you. "Did you really think you could slip away from ME? Now, unless you wanna get burned to a crisp, take off that—"

A whip came from behind the creature, hitting him right on the back of the head. If it hadn't come out when it did, you would've shut him up another way.

"Me-YEOW! That hurts! What gives?!" The beast yells out before being wrangled by a man in a crow mask. He's also holding the very whip that hit the little beast.

"Consider it tough love." He turns his head towards you. "Ah, I've found you at last. Splendid. I trust you're one of this year's new students?"

"I'm not—"

"My, were you ever eager to make your debut. And bringing a poorly trained familiar with you? That is a clear violation of the school's rules." The masked man said, completely cutting you off.

"As if I'd serve some lowly human! Now lemme go!" The beast tries to move around in the arms of the masked man. But it seems like the man has a pretty solid grip on him.

"Yes, yes. Rebellious familiars always say that. Do be quiet for a bit, won't you?" The man cups a hand around the mouth of the little creature and muffled screams are coming at an astounding rate.

"Dear me. Of all the students I've dealt with, you're the first with temerity enough to open their own gate and step out of it." He steps towards you. "Does the very notion of patience elude you?"

He shakes his head with a sigh. "No matter. Your orientation has already begun. Let us return to the Mirror Chamber."

"Gate..?" You tilt your head to the side, imitating your Pokémon when they get confused.

"You awakened in a room full of gates, did you not? All of the students here at the campus arrived by passing through such gates." He explains, somewhat crossing his arms afterwards.

"Although typically the students have restraint enough to wait until I open them before waking up." You could feel frustration coming from him.

"So those coffins that I saw are like...gateways of some sort?" You try your best to ignore all the little rude remarks he had to say. You shouldn't punch someone without fair reason.

"The design is intended to symbolize a parting with your former world, and rebirth into a new one. But now is not the time for such prattle. You have a student orientation to attend." He goes behind you and starts pushing you along. "Go on now, make haste."

"Wait, just tell me one thing: Where am I?" You say as the both of you stop.

"Hm? Have you not fully regained consciousness? The time space teleportation must have addled your memories..." He puts fingers on his chin. "Well, these things happen, I suppose. I shall explain it to you while we walk. Truly, my magnanimity is boundless."

ꕥ┈┈┈┈ꕥ┈┈┈┈ꕥ┈┈┈┈ꕥ

"This is Night Raven College. It is an institution for students the world over who demonstrate a rare aptitude for magic. It is the most prestigious academy of its sort in all of Twisted Wonderland. And I am Dire Crowley. Having been entrusted with its care by the chairman, I serve as headmage." He looked particularly proud when he spoke the last part.

"Magic?!" You take a slight step back, unsure of what to make of this situation.

"Only those who the Dark Mirror perceives as having a talent for magic are admitted to the college. Those who are selected are summoned to the campus through those "gates," which can appear anywhere." You think about the rift that you fell into. Was that also a gate?

"A black carriage bearing one such gate should have come to meet you." Nevermind that, you fell into—well, got pushed into—the rift. You look away, not sure how willing you are to reliving the moment in front of a stranger.

"That black carriage serves to receive a student chosen by the Dark Mirror. It too bears a gate that connects to this campus. And as you know, sending a carriage to meet someone on a special day is a time-honored tradition." He speaks so calmly as if this is a common everyday occurrence.

"A time-honored tradition WHERE?! This carriage drags people here against their will! This is cult behavior!" Your words fall deaf to the ears of the headmage.

Grim starts to thrash around while yelling something despite every word being muffled. "Now, let us attend to your orientation." The headmage holds the beast tighter, but it sure doesn't make the muffled screams any quieter.