Ceremony Busted

"We're done with orientation and dorm assignments?" A red-headed boy looked over a the only person not wearing a robe. A brown haired woman, a professor, looked around then back at the boy who asked the question and nodded.

"All right, new students—let me be clear. At Heartslabyul House, I am the law. Break the rules, and it's off with your head!" Most of the students who heard that tensed up, the ones who didn't are probably not listening.

A yawn came from a man with long hair and lion ears, although the ears are hidden by the hood. "Well, that ceremony was as boring as ever. I'm going back to the dorm. If you're in Savanaclaw House, follow me."

"New students! Allow me to be the first to congratulate you on your achievement." A silver haired boy with glasses proclaimed with full confidence. "As dorm leader of Octavinelle House, I am honored to have the opportunity to support you in what I hope will be a fulfilling campus experience."

"Hey, does anyone know where the headmage went? He disappeared midway through the ceremony..." A beautiful blonde man with purple tips spoke up.

"Some headmage he is." A voice coming out of a tablet said.

"Maybe he had a tummyache?" A white haired, red-eyed boy popped into the conversation.

"I most certainly did not!" The headmage comes in, opening the double doors in a dramatic way.

"Ah, speak of the devil." The red head said nonchalantly as if this happens regularly.

"If you must know, I was searching for the new student who'd failed to show for orientation." He turned to you. "You are the only one who has yet to be assigned a dorm. Step up to the Dark Mirror, and be quick about it. I'll watch your weasel."

As you walk up to the floating mirror, the brown haired professor walked up to the headmage. She said something along the lines of "Oh, so you weren't lying this time around."

State your name

"I'm Y/n..."

Almost immediately, you hear little chatters. "Woah, that's the voice of a girl." "Isn't that a girl's name." "What's a girl doing here?" You hear stuff like that.

Y/n...

The nature of your soul is

.

.

.

Unclear to me.

"What did you just say?" The headmage steps forward.

I sense no magical power from this one.

Soundless.

Colorless.

Shapeless.

Utterly vacant.

Therefore, no dorm would be appropriate.

Even louder murmurs can be heard from around you. Everyone looking at you, some laughing, some concerned, and some are interested. But whatever their reasonings may be, it doesn't justify all their harsh stares.

"Are you suggesting that the black carriage went to receive a person who cannot even use magic?" The headmage asked in disbelief. "But that is absurd! The student selection process has not erred once in its century of existence! How could this happen?"