Chapter 6

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka

"Sakayanagi... AND A-AYANOKOUJI?!"

Ike's eyes were so wide, it seemed like they were about to pop out of their sockets. And Shinohara, on the other hand, stared at us in suspicion.

There was a very problematic situation at hand.

"Uhh, what brings you two here?" I asked.

"No, dude! That isn't the most concerning thing right now..." He wrapped his arm around my shoulders, dragged me away from Arisu, then started to whisper in my ear. "Why are you with her? Are you serious? Didn't you see what happened to Haruki?!"

I had expected him to lash out at me out of jealousy, but he unexpectedly displayed some concern. He probably didn't want me to end up betraying the class like Yamauchi.

Also, why was he with Shinohara? I thought he didn't get along with her.

"Well, out of nowhere, she invited me to lunch. And since I had nothing better to do, I kind of just accepted," I answered.

"Is that it?"

"Yeah."

"Alright, but... if she ends up making some kind of shady ass deal with you, don't trust her. Got it? She's gonna end up betraying you."

"Okay."

"May I ask what the both of you were talking about?" Arisu slowly approached us, causing Ike to glance at her in panic.

"Oh, yeah, nope, it's nothing." Ike waved his hands in denial. "Come on, uggo. Let's go. The booth's free."

"Huh?! Who are you calling uggo, you uggo!" snapped Shinohara, glaring at Ike.

"What was that?!"

Wait, no, hold on. Why are you two fighting now?

===

After our interesting interaction with Ike and Shinohara, we played a few more arcade games. Notably, our matches in a game called tetris were pretty intense.

The game required you to clear lines using seven different pieces and avoid topping out of your board. Depending on how many lines that were cleared, you were able to attack your opponent by sending those lines to them. The game required more skill than I thought, and my matches with Arisu lasted well over thirty minutes.

"Are you perhaps lost in thought, Ayanokouji-kun?"

"Huh? Oh, maybe."

Anyway, we just left the arcade, and Arisu suggested that we watch a movie. So, right now, we were headed toward the cinemas. Apparently, she hadn't planned it beforehand, so I supposed that we were going to watch whatever movie was available.

It felt a little off walking with Arisu in public, and I was worried that some Class D students would recognize me. And if we were talking about the encounter with Ike and Shinohara, I'd say I got extremely lucky. Although, I was still a bit unsure if he was going to start telling everybody.

Students of all grades walked around the mall, while the sound of footsteps and lively chatter filled the air. Glancing out of the window as I walked, it seemed like it was still late afternoon, considering that the sun was high in the sky.

Once we arrived at the cinemas, I couldn't help but notice a few posters that hung on the wall next to the reception. There were five movies that were airing right now, which included:

Title: Komrade the Killer

Genre: Horror

Length: 1 hr 30 min