Chapter 30

Grandal sat at his desk, his eyes narrowed. "Should we trust the Penny girl?"Koi asks still suspicious. "I don't know.."Grandal responds sighing as he leans back. Penny, a child who claimed to be Faith's friend, visited the house and suggested they send Ferocious to one of her other friends place since there was someone he needed to meet. He had been suspicious at first but he sensed no ill intent from the girl so agreed and sent Ferocious to the John boys place. "I'm trusting this girl right now, I don't know what's going on...I hope it doesn't have anything to do with my granddaughter"Grandal says. He narrowed his eyes having always been ready to kill anyone no matter who it was to protect his family. His kids and grandkids were more important than anything else anyway. "Lady Faith is strong, I'm sure she's alright"Koi smiled in a sure tone. Grandal grabbed the phone Faith gifted to him, looking at the text she had sent him. It had made him smile slightly, knowing how selfless the girl really was.

Little Faith: Are the kids my Taskers brought back safe? Make sure they're well clothed and fed..and tell Taro I won't be back for awhile, Vince is in charge

Grandal chuckled, still staring at the text that was sent fifteen minutes ago. He didn't know what she went through but seeing her put complete strangers before herself actually warmed his old heart. He closed his eyes, remembering what she had told him. "For me, the safety of the children are most important to me and I will not hesitate to do anything for those five kids. This world is not perfect and it's dangerous for kids like themselves....but as long as I stand as the shield of these five kids, I will give them the bare necessities in order for them to live proper lives as teens growing into adults, that's why I asked my Taskers to save them. As long as I'm breathing I'll be their big sister, I'll hold their hands and walk them into the bright future I wish for them to have." Grandal opened his eyes and sighed. "I'll always be there for these kids." He stood up, deciding to have dinner with the kids in Faith's absence. "Lord?"Koi blinked. "Whatever is happening, I know, Faith will be fine, she wouldn't leave the kids"Grandal smiled.

~~~~~~

Faith stared at her phone, smiling at the photos Vince sent her of the kids thankful for John's charger. She turned it off, glancing at Ferocious who was sitting not far leaning against the wall fast asleep. She closed her eyes, just missing the strange feeling that filled the air. Elaine's shriek awoke her, Fercious also jolting awake. "ARLO!" Faith shot up, her eyes glowing but she coughed up blood instantly, feeling pain wreck her insides. Ferocious shielded Elaine's arm with his own, taking the stab instead of her, his eyes filled with wild rage. Arlo's eyes glinted glowing blue and his arm flew up, grabbing the man and slamming him down, a golden dome appearing around them. Faith's chest heaved as lifted her head, wheezing coming from her as she got to her feet, blood staining her outfit. "What do we have here?"Arlo smirked keeping the man pinned. "An intruder? What brings you here tonight?" Ferocious snatched the knife out of his arm, looking unbothered as Elaine attempted to heal him but his cheeks flushed pink glancing away.

Elaine perked up, taking the knife from him. "Arlo, this is the same knife Seraphina and Faith had with them! He may be the one behind this!"Elaine says looking over at him. "Is that so?"Arlo grinned. "Then you've got some explaining to do." Stomping made Faith look away, gripping her chest. Her hand flew to her mouth, coughing up more blood. The light switched on, her eyes squinting. "Hey, you two better shut the fuck up! Isn't Faith down here sleeping!"John yells. Silence filled the room, the four of them staring at the black haired male. She suppressed a giggle, since now was the right time for it and she'd need to call Quinn after this. "Uh...what the hell is going on here"John asks pointing to the guy on the ground. "We found the assailant"Arlo responds grabbing the guys shirt and pulling him up. "Can you believe this guy? He actually had the balls to come back for them." Faith closed her eyes, knowing she wasn't the target but rather Seraphina was.