Chapter 1 - Hallucinating 📚💔

Ever since that guy on the news escaped from prison, I've been having odd hallucinations... and they're getting worse.

October 31st, Halloween

Y/N leaned forwards on the cashier's counter, their gaze lingering up at the ticking clock and waiting for their shift to finish. Unlucky for Y/N, their shift ended late tonight since it was Halloween, and Halloween brought a bunch of swarms of eager kids attempting to steal and pilfer candies, turning the normally bustling store into a chaotic scene, since it was the most popular candy store around, Candyclub. A few hours later, 1AM, their shift finally ended, as they tossed their hat off and exited through the back door, starting their journey home.

Bob waits in the shadows. His mouth watering as he sees Y/N walk out. He smiles devilishly, noticing that they don't even lock up on their way out. Perfect. He couldn't contain his excitement. He was waiting for the perfect moment to strike, his mind filled with thoughts of his newfound obsession and what he would do to Y/N once he had them alone. As Y/N made their way home, Bob followed closely behind them, keeping his distance and waiting for the perfect opportunity to kill. His hands were shaking with anticipation as he gripped the filleting knife in his pocket tightly.

As Y/N was walking home, they suddenly heard the crack of a stick behind them, as they quickly whipped their head around to see...

a cat.

It was just a cat trotting past them, nothing else. Y/N let out a sigh of relief as they kept on walking home, making sure to keep an eye on everything around them.

Bob watched as Y/N continued walking, his heart racing with anticipation. He knew that this was his one and only chance. With a quick burst of speed, he sprinted towards Y/N from behind a nearby tree. Before they could react, he grabbed them by the shoulder and spun them around violently.

Y/N gasped audibly, the sound cutting through the tension in the air, their wide eyes locking onto Bob's face. In a swift motion, they instinctively pushed Bob's arm away, creating a distance between them as Y/N's mind struggled to comprehend the unexpected turn of events. The shock etched across their features was noticable, a mix of surprise and confusion playing out on their face like they had just seen a ghost.

Bob's creepy and manical grin grew wider as he locked eyes with the unexpecting employee, Y/N, the glint in his eyes showing something sinister and dark. His sharp rows of teeth were on display in a twisted and evil expression, making anyone watching this uneasy. With a swift deliberate move, he raised the shining knife high above his head, the cold steel catching the light. Tension thickened as he brought the blade down forcefully, dangerously close to Y/N's vulnerable neck, creating a chilling moment of impending danger in the air.

Y/N's instinctive reaction was to clench their eyes shut, a reflexive defense against the impending threat. Flinching, they raised their hands in a feeble attempt to shield themselves, the anticipation of the impending danger palpable in the air. Bracing for impact, Y/N turned away, unable to prepare for the grim fate that seemed inevitable.

However, as the seconds ticked by, a bewildered realization washed over them. When they cautiously reopened their eyes, a wave of confusion flooded their senses as they found themselves alone, with no sign of the menacing figure or the grim fate they had anticipated. Y/N scanned their surroundings, a puzzled expression on their face, and then glanced down at their hands to reassure themselves of their safety.

It then dawned on them-it must have been a vivid daydream, a surreal journey into a momentary lapse of reality. Now that Y/N started to think about it, they couldn't even remember what the figure they had seen only a few seconds ago even looked like.

Y/N let out a soft, relieved sigh, their trembling breath gradually steadying as they rubbed their eyes in an attempt to dispel the unease. Turning back to the path leading home, a sense of lingering bewilderment clung to them. The aftermath of the perceived threat left them grappling with a mixture of emotions, questioning the surreal events that unfolded, or perhaps, transpired solely within the confines of their own mind. As they resumed their walk, the echoes of the unsettling encounter lingered, leaving Y/N to ponder the elusive boundary between reality and the enigmatic realm of their thoughts.

As Y/N stepped through the threshold of their home, a sense of security enveloped them. With a decisive click, they locked the door behind themself, ensuring a barrier between the outside world and their cozy home. Taking a moment to shed the remnants of the day, they carefully hung their coat, neatly placing their shoes on the designated rack.

Ascending up the stairs, Y/N entered the familiar comfort of their bedroom, eager to embrace the soothing embrace of nighttime tranquility, they changed into cozy pajamas, relishing the freedom as they flung their socks off, allowing the day's constraints to dissipate.

With a gentle descent, Y/N surrendered to the welcoming softness of their bed. They snuggled beneath the layers of blankets, cocooning themselves in a haven of warmth. Closing their eyes, the weight of the day lifted as sleep beckoned, ushering them into a realm of dreams and respite. The rhythmic dance of drifting thoughts slowly subsided, and Y/N succumbed to the serenity of the night, finding comfort in the peace of their slumber.

Suddenly, about 4AM, Y/N jolted up in bed to the sound of crashing and banging in the kitchen. It lasted for a few minutes, then stopped. What was that? They jumped up from bed and grabbed their baseball bat, going downstairs to the kitchen cautiously and looking around the room frantically. The eerie silence settled, leaving them questioning if it was just their imagination or something more sinister lurking in the shadows. But there was nothing there. They were alone. Or so they thought...

ONG CLIFFHANGER??? 🤯🤯 this took me forever ngl

1047 words