7

There was a sudden knock on the bathroom door, "Elle? You okay?"

"Y-yeah I'm fine," I stutter out nervously, "I'll be out in a sec, Jay," I heard his footsteps recede and took a couple of deep breaths before unlocking the bathroom and walking back to the living room. The conversation the guys were having immediately stopped, "way to make a girl feel comfortable, guys..." I grumble.

"Sorry we just don't want to run away again," Quil stated.

Embry raised his hand, "Embry you slap him, I slap you," I smile, "I appreciate the honesty Quil, thanks."

Embry's eyes widened a bit as Quil smirked, "no problem," then quil turned to the rest of the pack, "ha! I got my own bodyguard now, you guys can suck it!"

I go and sit between Jacob and Quil, "look I'm not gonna run away again but I would prefer honesty when you guys talk to me, it's why I like Quil; I feel like he's incapable of lying... well, at least, lying well."

"Hell yeah, coma girl," he raises a fist for a fist bump and I obliged before Quil furrows his brows, "hey, wait a second!"

I simply laugh at his realization, "You and Quil is not a friendship I saw happening," Jacob interjects, "mostly 'cause he's so annoying."

"Like your one to talk," Quil shoots back with a playful smile as they tease each other. The rest of the guys joined in and tried to say who was actually the most annoying.

After a bit of back in forth between the guys I spoke up, "so, This whole imprint thing...," Everyone suddenly shut up and I look at Paul, "what happens now?"

Paul uncharacteristically straightens his posture before speaking, "The nature of our... relationship is determined by the imprintee not the imprinter," he says softly, "so technically whatever you want to happen."

He looked away from me in an anxious manner and I could tell he was hiding something from me, "right... and what aren't you telling me."

"Nothing," his jaw tensed.

"Paul-," Sam and Jared both started to say.

"It's nothing," he repeated firmer which quieted the other two.

I raise a brow at Paul and with a straight face, "you're keeping things from me again? Seriously?"

"It's nothing major...," he shifts his gaze.

"Promise me then."

"What?"

"You told me you never break a promise...so promise me that it's not a big deal and I don't have to know," I crossed my arms. By the way he was acting it was obvious that he withholding critical information. Whether or not he answered I would gain information. If he chose to lie and promise me it was nothing, then I would know that his promises meant nothing and I couldn't even begin to trust him. If he tells the truth I'll gain insight on the pack and their wolf culture.

He huffs, "I can't..."

"Then tell me Paul... it can't be any worse then finding out you're a wolf shifter."

"I don't want to influence your choice... I want you to choose what you think is best," he puts his head on his hand and mutters, "you deserve it and so far it hasn't been me."

"That's what information is for you dingus...," I roll my eyes, "I need to know what I can so I can make an informed decision on what to do. otherwise how would I know if my decision would negatively impact you or the others."

"Don't worry about me."

I blink a few times before turning to Emily, "Sam imprinted on you right?"

She nodded.