4

They weren't sure where they were going, where Aang was taking them. Kya doesn't think that she is all that interested. Sokka's talking non stop as always Kya thought.
Katara seems intrigued by kid. She was watching him carefully, studying him almost.
"Here!" Aang said, bringing the bison down to the ground.
The area looked like a wreck. Aang stepped down first, the rest of the group following him.
Sokka caught up to Kya, "Is this? The air temple?" He whispered in her ear.
Kya had an irritated expression, "How would I know?!"
Katara turned to them, "Shhh!"
The group wondered around silently. Sokka picked up a Fire Nation helmet, sighing.
Aang stayed quiet as they walked, until the group stumbled upon a skeleton, "Gyatso." He said, shocked.
Kya and Katara gasped looking at the sight.
Aang's breathing became heavy. The trio stayed out of his way, behind him.
All of a sudden, the arrows on his body began to glow.
Kya and Sokka took a step back, unknowingly grabbing one another by their coats in fear.
The child began floating and the ground started to shake.
"Aang?" Katara asked.
"What's happening? What is he doing?" Sokka screamed.
"Just get back!" Kya grabbed Katara and pulled her, so the three could find shelter.
"Aang!" Katara yelped.
Rocks and stone started to fall from the temple, thunder crashed as the avatar floated higher and higher.
All they could do was hold on to the ground around them, to avoid being trapped in the wind.
"Stop this! Please!" Katara continued to scream, "AANG!"
Kya closed her eyes and buried her head into Sokka's coat.
Suddenly, the wind stopped. And slowly, the avatar floated down.
Katara ran toward him, embracing him. He cried into her arms.
Sokka and Kya still held on to one another. Kya's eyes swelled with tears.
"It's okay Ky." He said to her.
She nodded and the pair let go of one another and walked to Katara and Aang.
Once he was settled, Sokka asked, "Not to be rude but, what was that?"
"I dunno." Aang stated, "There's so much I don't know. The monks are gone, and I'm all alone."
Katara crouched to Aang's seated level.
"You know, the thing about losing everything is that, that's when you learn how strong you really are." She said to him. Sokka looked at Kya as she spoke. "That's when you learn to fight." Katara continued.
"They made the ultimate sacrifice, for me. I need to make sure their deaths weren't in vain. I need to follow through on what they wanted me to do. Complete my training, and master all the other bending skills, so I can bring balance back to to the world."
"Oh, is that all?" Sokka mocked.
"This was my home, and now it's gone. It's only after we've lost something, that we realise how much it means to us. And how we'd do anything to get it back. Anything."
The three nodded at Aang.
"I don't know where this will all lead and I don't know if I have what it takes, but the one thing I do know is, I'm the avatar. And this is just the beginning."

🌊

"Kyoshi Island is only a few hours from here." Aang stated, looking at a map, "according to this, Avatar Kyoshi was the fiercest of warriors and the master of what they call the Avatar State. Maybe something in her shrine will help me control my power before-"
"You kill someone ?" Sokka interrupted.
Kya shook her head in slight amusement, not that she would ever reveal Sokka makes her laugh.
"Before it happens again." Aang continued.
Sokka walked to Katara and Kya, "It's time to go home." He stated.
"What?!" Katara retorted. Kya stayed silent, just watching their interaction, truth be told all she wanted was a nap.
"We did our part. We saved him from the Firebenders. Now it's time to go home. My duty- Our duty, is to protect the village, like Dad told us to."
"They can protect themselves." Katara argued, "besides what good is saving Wolf Cove if we don't save the world?"
"Katara, do you hear what you're saying? Save the world. Us."
"Why not?" She argued, "if the world is gonna have any chance, it's gonna need Aang. And you're right! We do have a duty, and it's to protect the Avatar."
"Protect him? You wanna protect him? The guy who nearly blew us off the top of this mountain."
"It's about life than just helping Aang." She started, "Ever since he came into our lives, things have changed for me. Before I met him, I couldn't bend enough water to fill a thimble! And now look what I can do! And that's after a single day. Look around, look where we are now. I don't know about you two, but I can't go back." Katara lowered her gaze to where Kya had sat down on some stones, "you of all people should know why I want to protect the world." She walked away.
Kya nodded and dusted herself off, "Well, I guess I'll go. You probably need me or whatever."
Sokka laughed, "yeah you wish."
Kya brought her hand to Sokka's face and flicked him.
"Did you just flick me?!" He questioned, "are you 8?"
"Did you just flick me?! Are you-" Kya started to mock him until she saw a bag moving from the corner of her eye. "What the hell is that." She started bluntly.
Aang chased after the bag, before Katara opened it and an animal fell out, along with all of the groups food.
"Hey! That's our food!" Sokka ran to the animal.
The animal flew to a nearby tree. "What is that?" Kya asked.
Aang shouted excitedly, "A winged lemur! The sky used to be filled with them.
Kya noticed a scroll amongst the food, "What's that? She asked."
Katara picked up the scroll and opened it.
The note reads,
Katara and Kya, the last surviving Waterbenders of Wolf Cove. This scroll has been passed down among the Waterbenders in our tribe for generations. It contains everything you need to know to begin your bending educations. You have no idea how hard it's been to keep this from you. But with the Fire Nation hunting for benders, it was just to dangerous for you two to have. But now that you've gone out into the world, you should take what belongs to you. You are Waterbenders. That is who you have always been and always will be. Never forget that.

"See? This never would've happened if we hadn't left home." Katara said to Sokka.
He sighed, "fine. We'll go to Kyoshi Island and see how it goes."
Katara smiled and looked to Aang in the tree with the lemur, "Aang, you ready to leave?"
"There's something I have to do first. I have to say goodbye."
The group made their way to another area of the Air Temple, where Aang lay a garment that was around the body of Gyatso.
"My whole life you were there for me. And I wasn't there for you. Goodbye Gyatso. I'm sorry." He sighed.
The trio watched him, before he turned around to leave and they followed.
"That must have been his mentor." Kya said to Sokka.
"Oh so you're actually talking to me now."
"Nope!" She walked away.
Sokka groaned and followed behind.