The First Run

The next morning John was up first but he didn't wait for everyone else to wake up this time he woke everyone else up. They had a lot to do and didn’t have time to waste.” Sam, Tom get up. We’re getting ready to leave. You guys need to stay awake and alert, keep the guns I gave you with you at all times and stay quiet.” “We will.” “ keep eachother safe and the two littler ones. We’ll be back about noon. The sun will be right above you.” “Y'all be good. I'll see ya when we get back Tom, love ya’ kid.” After that the two left in a matte black chevy truck. They were going to get one 40 foot trailer and get as many tires as they could and then just grab supplies as they came across it. The only thing they were really looking for that had nothing to do with the wall was a pair of shoes for Sam and a pair for Abigail. Sam had broken hers the day prior when she tripped and it ripped the sole off and Abigail had just grown out of hers. Sam had asked for them to go to her house and grab a pair of her dads lace up boots. She said she could grow into them and stuff them so they fit. John planned to maybe swing by and try to get the boots but he was going to be on the look for a pair that would actually fit too. He didn't want her to be stuck with a pair of shoes that didn't fit and have nothing else. Granted their dad had small feet and she would probably grow into them he still wanted to be sure.Levi had asked for them to find a candy bar but that obviously wasn't a priority. The two adults went to a dealership to get the trailer. They would have that place ready for all of their trips. It had ore than enough trailers and sitting on the shelves in the building was racing fuel that they used to cell. Normally Donnie would never allow racing fuel to go through his vehicles. It was too expensive for one but two, if you used racing fuel it was bad for the motor to switch to a different fuel. Racing fuel had such a high octane it basically ruined the vehicle for any other gas. However, in these circumstances he didn't even bat an eye as they began grabbing the cans. After the dealership they went to an old scrap yard to get tires. They didnt need anything new or special so they just figured they would grab all the junk tires that had already been taken off the old vehicles. By the time they were done gathering tires they had the whole bed of the truck full and they had as many as they could fit inside the truck with them as well as some tied down to the trailer with some ratchet straps Donnie kept in the back of his truck. After gathering the tires they wanted to check inside the store. That was a bad idea. They were still new to this and didnt even think about the fact that there could be some muertos in the store. They just walked into the store. There were six muertos inside and they were not prepared to fight them but by the time realized they were there they couldnt just turn around and leave so they had to fight. They fought with their backs against each other so that neither one of them would get attacked from the back. John had taken a couple steps forward to get to the muerto in front of him easier and once he killed it by stabbing it through the side of its head he heard Donnie yelling. He turned around and saw that Donnie was fighting two at the same time. He quickly ran over and killed one and when he turned around Donnie had the other one already dead. The two saw one more so they left it there neither really having the energy to kill it and neither wanting to waste anymore time. They still had to find shoes for the kids. So they left and headed back to the Avenue families house for shoes. When John walked in he saw Jane's body on the ground still all bloody and her neck still tore open but she was dead and on the ground with her brown hair kinda dyed a shade of red from the blood and her eyes a foggy color of green barely being able to tell they were once so bright. He walked past her upstairs to Sam's room. He grabbed two pairs of shoes. One for Abby and one for Sam. The pair he grabbed for Sam was a black pair of converse and for Abby he grabbed a dark green pair of sneakers. Then he went to his friend's room,the kids parents room. He grabbed a pair of lace up work boots that were made of dark brown leather. He also grabbed some pictures for the kids to have. He figured at least Sam would want them. When he went back outside he realized where the sun was. It had to be at least three . The kids must have been so worried. They left as quickly as possible ready to get back to the kids and to get out of town before it got dark.Sam was really worried. John said they would be back before noon, when the sun was above them. The sun was past above them and they still weren't back.Tomas was worried too it was his dad out there and he didn't know if he would ever see him again. He could be an orphan for all he knew. The pair were sat  looking out a window that was on the garage door waiting for their caregivers to get back to them. They were about to give up and go tell the other two that the adults had probably died and that they were alone when they heard that Chevy. The Chevy that Donald Rackle had driven for years. That sound was like music to their ears and for a second it made everything else go away. They were just so happy that everyone was back and safe , that they had gotten the supplies they needed, that the world ending seemed to have gone away for a moment.