The Bites

He got settled into his room not really having much anyways. What he did have was a bag full of supplies and some extra clothes. He was really grateful for the bed that was already in there and the blankets and pillows that came with it, even though they were ninja turtles themed. He made sure he had everything in the place he wanted it. He put the  picture of his sister and mother he always kept with him on the nightstand next to the bed. He didn't have a picture of his dad. He didn't need or want one. Once everything was where he wanted it, he went outside with his gun strapped to his side and his knife in its sheath that rested on the inside of his right boot. He looked around and didn't really feel like dealing with people,but he knew he had to get to know someone. So he walked over to the group of kids he saw earlier figuring that they would be the easiest to approach.
It had been nine months since everything happened and Sam was happier now . She was still sad that the people she loved had died but she managed it and kept living. They had gotten the wall finished and had welcomed some new people to the group. They also learned that apparently if you get bitten then you were supposed to turn into a muerto after getting really sick and that if you died of natural causes or whatever you also turned into a muerto as long as your brain didn't get injured. They figured this out when some new people they let in tried to kill Levi because he saw his healed bite mark. They thought he was going to turn too and they pulled a gun out and pointed it at him. John almost killed the guy but eventually the people believed them when they said that it didn't affect him or his sisters. They assumed that the three were immune, that Jane had to have been immune because she never turned. Sam was with the other kids practicing how to shoot a bow. John thought it would be smart if all the kids could shoot a bow. They were quieter than a gun and would still kill anything that came across their path so he taught them. Sam was obviously already good at it but she needed to keep herself good at it so she practiced it with the other kids. After they were done the kids all sat down in a circle at a picnic table they had set up. The kids being Sam,her brother and sister and Tom. There has been no more kids as far as they know. The kids started playing hide and seek and Sam was “it” so she was counting when the guy she had seen come in earlier walked over to her. She had neglected to cover her bite mark that day because it was kinda cold and she had a long sleeve shirt on but she was getting ready to really regret it. “Hey kid. My name's Jack. Where'd the rest of them go? Timbuktu?” “ Nooo.we're playing hide and seek. You ever heard of it?” “No, actually I grew up in a cave where we didn't play games.” “yeah right.” Sam turned around to keep counting so that if any of the other kids saw her they didn't accuse her of cheating. When she turned her sleeve went up and you could see the bite mark. Jack grabbed her arm quickly to get a better look to confirm what he saw. He pulled his gun out of its holster and pointed it at her. “Your bit! You people keep bit people here! I oughta shoot you right now” “ I wouldn't do that if I were you ok? John’ll kill you. And I don't really wanna die man so please just put that up or stop pointing it at me please.” “ Hell no. I don't give a shit who wants to save you. You're gonna turn and then you'll kill all the people in here!” “No! I'm not gonna turn, I swear. Please just listen.” “No.” He raised his gun to point directly between Sam's eyes and was readying himself to shoot. He was having flashbacks to when his sister turned and he had to put her down. He didn't want to do this again but he knew he had to, to save the rest of the people in here. He was standing there pointing the gun at this kid as she cried, with silent tears running down her face, he could see the fear in her eyes and for a moment he thought about just letting it go and letting her turn but he couldn't do that. Not again. John saw Jack come out of the house and he was keeping a pretty close eye on him but he saw him go over to Sam. Sam didn't know it but she had gotten way stronger and smarter than she used to be and she could really take care of herself so John kinda stopped watching just taking glances here and there. The last time he glanced over the two were just talking but this time Jack had a gun pointed at Sam. John moved as fast as he could to get off the watchtower. He was determined to save Sam and set it straight with Jack. He didn't want to kill a nineteen year old kid but he would, for Sam. He could Jack getting ready to pull the trigger. His eyes gave everything away. John moved as fast he could to get across the yard and he rammed into Jack. Bang. The gun fired. Sam felt a burning pain in her side. She looked down and saw her bright blue shirt stained crimson red. She saw John punch Jack and saw him look at her. Then she felt herself fall and everything went black. Sam fell to the ground as John stood up running over to her. She was bleeding everywhere. He picked her up and looked at her back, looking for an exit wound,which there was. He was thankful for that, it would help save her. He rushed her into the trailer. He laid her on a couch in what used to be the living room of the trailer but now they had it set up for medical things. Nothing like this but still it would work. He grabbed a needle and thread and cleaned her wound. When he poured the peroxide on the wound she woke up. She never would have stayed awake if John would have waited a minute for her to pass out again but instead he immediately started showing her up. He didn't want to waste any time to get her to stop bleeding so he just went straight to sowing. She didn't scream but she did cry and squirm and made it really difficult for John to fix properly. “ John, stop. Please. Please. It hurts. I'll be fine, I swear , please stop.” John hated hearing her cry and hearing her in pain but he had to do this to save her life and afterwards he was gonna beat Jack Hill's ass. Maybe even kill him.