"The 10 hours before landing."

I don't know if it's easy for you to fall asleep or overconfidence. But you let yourself fall, exhausted by fatigue, in such a pleasant way that it only makes me want to look at you and accompany you.

C.E 71

"The 10 hours before landing."

The remnants of the just ended battle floated slowly through the darkness illuminated by the small flashes of the mobile suits that sought shelter from the endless rows of people who had lost their lives in search of peace. Once again the space had become a huge tomb.

The flight had been taken under gravity with the mother ship's engines barely running to protect the remaining energy. Well, it would be around seven to ten hours that we had to wait for the paperwork for landing permits and personnel counting.

We were all exhausted and the silence was part of our well deserved rest. Even so, the doors between the hallways rang open and closed as I passed. I couldn't stay alone in my assigned room, I needed to see you.

The emotions during the last combat of the war had been so many and to such an extreme that little by little my brain and heart began to filter them, realizing then that I almost lost you.

How distressed you must have been to think about once again exploding your machine with you inside as there was no other way...

With my feet literally floating I reached your door and stood outside motionless for a few seconds. I thought for a moment that perhaps I had gotten ahead of myself by letting myself be carried away by my own feelings that led me to you, but the truth is that you had just lost your father, your world... It would not be right if I go with you just to see your face. ...

When suddenly the sound of your door opening filled the silence and there you were with that surprise that your charming eyes could not contain.

-Cagalli?The beating of my heart became violent but the thought of having acted out of selfishness by satisfying my need to see you remained in me. I did not know what to say.

-Sorry, I just...

-It's a relief...You sighed, closing your eyes and then dedicating your smile to me again, as sweet as ever.

-Hey?

Now I was the one surprised. What were you referring to?

-I have spent several minutes fighting against myself in the decision to go for you... I didn't want to interrupt you if you were resting.

-Me... me tooI could barely hold your gaze out of embarrassment, but I had already gotten there and you thought the same, I couldn't be more excited.I looked around and noticed the bed was slightly messy, you had been lying down. And then I looked at you, the tiredness was evident, but your face looked smooth and neat, without thinking I brought my hand up to place my palm on your cheek, with which I lost a little stability, lifting me to the lack of gravity, that was when you hug me. Your arms surrounded me and put me in the room. The door closed. It was like the tacit invitation to kiss you. You smelled very good, even if it was the smell of that public brand shampoo that was in all the showers at Archangel. 

This would be our second kiss, for a couple of seconds I felt my whole body cool down waiting for the contact of your soft lips. I couldn't recognize myself. 

In your arms I seemed like the princess I was by inheritance, and I just needed to feel protected and sheltered by you.And there it was, finally, the delicacy of your gentle and sublime touch. How could you be so brave and fierce in battle and kiss with such tenderness?

After the kiss you looked at me and I'm sure the blush on my cheeks spoke for me. I love you. And I needed more. But I was still flooded with the shame of knowing I was lost like that because of you. My lips parted waiting for you to notice, your eyes focused on all sections of my face like if you were looking for the connection between the invitation of my lips and the desire in my eyes.