"Are there crabs in Plant?"

What difference does it make to play a role as long as I can live like that?

It's a question that life would end up answering for me later.

But when you feel lost and expelled from the world that was once yours, you cling to whatever gives you stability and even more so if it comes from the unconditional love that you never had and appeared in your life to rescue you.

That's how I got to Orb. Under Alex Dino's sunglasses and swearing allegiance to Cagalli.

Everything seemed so different, as if the air I breathed on Earth was purer than any other I had ever taken into my lungs before. Maybe the sense of relief I felt knowing that I could leave the torments behind accompanied by the need to continue living made it seem that way to me.

Although it still felt strange, leaving behind everything that I really was...

The new identification number that had been assigned to me bounced around in my mind as I memorized it, after all, even though I was now a civilian, being on duty as the companion of the representative of the nation demanded of me the mental health that a good memory could give me.

I think the first days were difficult in adapting to the new identity, but little by little the familiarity of what was now enveloped everything, even more so that afternoon when we were finally able to be alone.

I opened the door to my room knowing that I was going to find you at the entrance, but insecurity kept me imprisoned.

I understood that I had fallen in love with a princess and that when her father died, the weight of the emirates would logically fall on her, but it was much harder than I thought.

-It has been a perfect escape.

You removed your jacket in response to my unspoken request that you give it to me.

- Are you sure you can be here?

I asked, not really convinced. Maybe I had lost a little hope of being with you normally.

- What?

The confusion you expressed perplexed me, I didn't want to be the cause of you having more things to think about.

-I'm sorry, I expressed myself wrong...

-Athrun... I know that this is very far from being able to be something more intimate and it may not be at all what one would expect to be able to live closer, but...

-I'm sorry...

- Don't keep apologizing!

- I have to do it! Just listen to me... I'm sorry, because I didn't want it to sound like a reproach. If I asked... it was because what I want most is to be able to stay with you... being me, it will sound very capricious, but I'm afraid that you'll have to run away at any moment.

I couldn't hold your gaze and ended up looking away, you make words escape me easily. Even more so in these moments when I can't do anything to protect you.

-For me you are still you... nothing has changed and I am not going to leave...

I couldn't answer, we both knew that the answer you gave me wasn't one hundred percent true.

-Come in, please.

I invited you to settle in and the way you settled in was quick, when I noticed you were on the sofa with your arms extended towards me. It seemed too cute to me.

I arrived next to you and sat listening to what you wanted to say, but you just leaned your head on my shoulder while hugging my arm.

-It is very difficult to endure not doing this at work...