"The hamster is back."

Everything rests in the serenity of the darkness that enveloped the room. Even though the light from the hallway was outlined under the sliding door.

The sound of insistent knocks on the door alerted me, waking me up in a second and quickly starting to get my bearings, I found myself in the room resting next to her.

Although I had fallen asleep with an enormous feeling of relaxation, I felt that the abrupt awakening almost ruined the moment that Cagalli had given to me.

I don't know when the positions were reversed and now, she was the one resting on me.

I didn't want to move, but the knocking on the door didn't stop.

A curse left my mouth, and I moved as quietly as I could, getting out of bed and getting to the source of the sound, making sure she couldn't hear. Along with the knocking, Kira's voice whispering my name ended with the sound of the door opening and closing with my exit.

- What's happening? Are you OK?

-I am, but... I have news that was perhaps expected, but...

- What's happening?I insisted in the most direct way since the content of that message he wanted to give me had Kira's face indecisive and overwhelmed.

I heard him speak slowly, but his words made my hands cold. I don't know how much time had passed since I went out to talk to him, but when I came back inside the lights in my room were on and Cagalli was waiting for me sitting on the edge of the bed. 

I stopped my ascent in the air as if I had encountered a wall in the road.What a face I had to have to give her the expression of anguish that she made, to immediately reach me as quickly as the lack of gravity allowed her.

- Athrun! You are pale!

The color of my skin was the least that mattered to me at that time, and I had completely forgotten it when I felt safe with the crew of the Archangel, but the truth was that I was a deserter, wanted for the theft of the two of Zaft's most precious mobile Suits. The surname Zala would follow me wherever I went.Even with the peace signing that was underway, those involved would always pay for their failures. And if I stayed by their side... even if Kira said that everything would be fine, that they would look after me, the reality was that they could be accused of complicity and what else proves that the Eternal that once transported us had been part of the alliance of the three ships. Once again, I was involved in something that exceeded what I could handle.My eyes clouded with tears as I felt the weight of reality. Why I couldn't think as seriously as always? Emotions rose in my throat as I realized that I was still not a part of anything.

-Hey!!

Cagalli's scream brought me out of the depth where my thoughts had taken me and I heard her curse, after holding my face and realizing that I had barely heard her.

-The hamster came back...

She mumbled and analyzed my behavior and lowering her hands from my face to my hands she led me to sit on the bed. 

I could barely swallow when I realized where I was. In front of me, her beautiful face looked at me with scrutiny.

She had returned to my side without noticing it. It had become my safe place.There she was, once again worrying about me and putting me in front of her own need. Since it was the same for her, with the loss of her father she had assumed the representation of Orb, after all she is a princess. But crouched on the floor holding both my hands. Surely that wasn't correct. Maybe... it could be the last time I'm allowed to be like this with her...

-I need you to tell me what's happening or I'll have to go break down Kira's door so he can tell me.Her comment made me laugh a little, she was always so reckless, I was sure that if I let her do it she would really do it.

-Cagalli... a person like me... can't be with someone like you...

- That?...

-It's something I can't help... being my father's son and a fugitive from my own birthplace.

-That's nonsense... There must be something that can be done! I'll give you amnesty! Orb will answer for you!

-You say that and it sounds so terrible to me... putting yourself in danger because of me, simply for existing...

-Athrun... that's because they don't know you, it's simply for the defense of a flag that seems to be worth more than a person's life. But beyond being who you are, by name or your birth, a coordinator or a pilot... it is you, the Athrun who lives next to me, who I see smile and get angry, who means as much to me as the hope of a new world...

Cagalli hugged me tightly against her body, I think she has spent too much time comforting me, but that was precisely what I needed, to feel her as the pillar that gave meaning to continuing living. I clung to her like never before, leaving far behind the shame that once separated us, to feel devoted to her in every way, if she had rescued me, it would be hers and for her, what she needed from me.

-I want you to come with me to Orb...

I simply nodded still in his arms. 

All alliances are requested to hand over Athrun Zala to the Plant colonies for immediate trial.

It is you, the Athrun who lives next to me, who I see smile and get angry, who means as much to me as the hope of a new world...

The words of my two most loved people came to my mind at the last moment, like Kira's announcement that insisted on separating me from the arms of my princess, but her words assured me that there was something beyond that awaited us if we stayed together. The kiss emerged as a reflection of our bond founded on the promise of protection for each other.Our eyes met from time to time in search of approval for contact monitoring. It was the first time we kissed so many times in a row, I took her by the waist so that she ended up sitting on my legs. And the kiss that seemed infinite ended with our faces very close together and suffocated, but I could swear that she would have wanted to continue as much as I had to resist not continuing.