The princess's fiancé.

Omae no Princess (Your princess)

The princess's fiancé.

I had felt desperation in my bones many times throughout my life, sometimes stronger than others. The two most terrible were when through that screen I saw the news of the destruction of Junius 7... and along with it, the fact of understanding that I had lived like a puppet at the mercy of the wishes of my father, who targeted me with his own gun.

Both times I felt like the heartbeat inside my chest stopped for a moment. I thought that after that there would be nothing that could disturb me so strongly, even though I was in my own search for the reason to fight and I knew that things would happen along the way that could surprise me for better or worse.

However, to think that I could be left without her... that I could lose her, was too much for my reason.

After all, I didn't exist and there was nothing I could truly offer her other than my unconditional love, but in the territory of protecting the nation she needed, that was practically saying nothing.

I had tried to remain stable in front of her when she told me... even though I felt like I was out of breath, but I couldn't just start crying while observing the complexity of the decision in the amber eyes that I loved so much. It was horrible for her... more horrible than for me, because she would be the one to walk away from our relationship... to join someone else.

And although that would be far from happening... or rather it was a plan that it was thought could be avoided... the mere fact that that man was her fiancé disgusted me, since, in front of the world, the one who had the right to lie At her side, holding her hand, leaning on her small shoulders... and stealing her kisses would be him, when she was mine...

Mine... like something obtained in the shadows equal to a theft.

That afternoon I had arrived as usual at my room and without saying too much we had ended up giving ourselves as we had promised to each other since that first meeting months ago when I had just joined their care squad with my new identity.

But that time... something wasn't right. I felt her uneasy and insecure, but at the same time she clung to me with such need that she seemed afraid that I would leave at that special moment for both of us. We couldn't continue, she didn't feel well and without stopping her surrounding my back in a tight hug I felt her tremble in the middle of crying.

She needed to vent so I stayed there receiving the embrace of her warm body against mine. I don't know how much time we spent in that position that between kisses to her hair I tried to comfort her.

Until I felt her thin fingers begin to move over my skin. She had taken to carefully caressing my scars and was doing it again.

- It doesn't hurt, Cagalli...

- I don't want anything to ever hurt you again...

- I think that is something that cannot be promised... because being hurt is part of living.

She didn't say anything else, even though when we bring up the topic of life, she always takes it with a very interesting philosophy. What's more, it was her words about life that made me here now.

- I think sometimes I lose hope too...

- Why do you say that?...

I waited, knowing that what I would have to say would undoubtedly be terrible, for although the crying had stopped, it was a compelling reason if it had broken out in the first place.

She took the blankets in her hands and carried them against her chest, making sure she looked decent for the transmission of the news, even if it was under the blanket of my bed.