6.1

𝓚𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓼 𝓛𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰, 120 AC

𝓟𝓻𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓭𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓱 𝓸𝓯 𝓛𝓪𝓭𝔂 𝓛𝓪𝓮𝓷𝓪 𝓥𝓮𝓵𝔂𝓮𝓻𝓸𝓷

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I wish to ride with father!" A young Baela exclaimed. The family was preparing to set off towards King's landing for Aemond Targayen's twelfth name day.

Laena smiled fondly at her daughter. She glanced at her youngest, Rhaella. With her large, violet eyes and her silver curls piled into an updo on her head, the girl was only one and ten years of age.

"Would you like to ride on Caraxes, Rhaella?" Laena asked.

Rhaella shook her head furiously. Her father's red dragon was much too fast for her liking. Instead, she turned towards her mother's own dragon, Vhagar.

Baela pulled Rhaena by Caraxes, sticking her tongue out to Rhaella childishly.

"Rhaena and I shall have all the fun!" Baela said. Rhaella clutched the wrapped gift in her hand, intended for her cousin Aemond.

"Baela, be nice." Laena reminded. Daemon looked on at his children in amusement. He couldn't quite understand where Rhaella's demure nature came from.

Daemon helped his two twins onto Caraxes, before hiking himself to mount. Rhaella watched the dragon take off into the sky in envy.

One day, she'd hope. One day she too will be in the skies.

"Come, my love, let us be off," Laena said. Rhaella's tiny brown hand brushed against Vhagar's hardened scales. The mighty she-dragon allowed it, even softly chuffing at the action.

Laena picked up her daughter, mounting Vhagar.

The dragon was slow to leave the ground as Laena tightened her grip on the reigns.

"Vhagar, sōvēs." She said. Rhaella held onto her mother's waist as the weight shifted and the dragon took to the sky.

"Are you excited to see your cousins, Rhaella?" Laena asked. Rhaella hummed thoughtfully. Her older cousin, Helaena, was three and ten years old and was always nice to her.

Rhaella had been eager to speak with her again. She hated Aegon, his sleazy gazes made her want to hide.

"I took one of Father's books, for Aemond," Rhaella said. Laena couldn't fight the smile. Daemon would be deeply annoyed at the discovery.

"I'm sure Aemond will appreciate it, dear," Laena said.

After a while, the pair flew over Kings Landing. Laena landed Vhagar a ways away from the city. Laena jumped down from her dragon, helping Rhaella off as well.

Rhaella adjusted the blush-colored fabrics of her dress. The matching headband was off-centered due to the wind. Chuckling, Laena adjusted it on Rhaella's head.