Girlboss Royale

In her many years of serving in the field alongside V, Serial Designation J had a good idea of V's strategic acumen and what her first moves are most likely to be while in battle. They had previously done friendly sparring matches to pass the time, but those were never serious. This battle was, and J knew exactly how to counter her former teammate.

As V rapidly closed the distance between them with her blades sticking forward, having broken into a full-on sprint as her wings helped propel her, J waited for the perfect moment to strike.

"GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" V screamed bloody murder as she prepared to drive the blades into J's chest. She was at her wits end with her old boss, for so many years had she watched on the side lines as she beat up and abused N to hell and back without being able to do anything for fear of also receiving abuse, or worse, termination. But now, she was no longer scared of the consequences. J had just made N's life that bit more miserable, just as he had found someone to actually love him back. And V wasn't going to stand for it.

Once she was close enough, J enacted her plan. She effortlessly sidestepped the incoming murder drone, V running past her as she had picked up too much speed to stop in time. With a flash, J struck V with her right sword, slashing her back open and causing a fountain of oil to erupt out. V shrieked in pain before going on the counterattack, sweeping her leg under J and tripping her up, the MK2 disassembly drone landing back-first on the ground with a thud, dispersing the snow beneath her.

"Grrr..." J growled as she watched V act quickly, standing above her and pointing her blades downward and preparing to drive them down onto J's chest. The reincarnated drone smiled at her former co-worker's foolishness. Did she really think it would be this easy?

With astounding swiftness, J crossed both of her blades over her core in an 'X' formation, blocking the sharp tips of V's swords just before they could stab into her. The two girls gritted their teeth and hissed, pushing against each other in an intense test of strength. This continued for around 30 seconds, before J got another idea.

Pulling her knees up to her chest, she got the attention of V who looked down at what she was doing with confusion. Letting her guard down for just a moment.

Perfect.

Suddenly kicking her legs outward, J struck V right in the torso, sending her screaming and flying into the air. V felt the wind blowing through her hair and the sensation of her stomach dropping as she began to fall, only to quickly deploy her wings and stay airborne, rocking around in the air as she attempted to stabilize herself. Her training kicked in again and she quickly righted herself, looking down at J as she got to her feet and placed her hands on her hips, staring up at V with a smile.

"How's the weather up there?" J asked in a mocking tone, trying to piss V off. It worked, as the aforementioned psycho drone swapped out her left hand for a missile launcher, firing a missile directly at J's position. However, J was not concerned as she quickly spread out her own wings and took flight, dodging the missile which exploded grapeshot onto the snow, sending bits of metal and rock flying around the area. The MK2 reaction times were really coming in handy.

Now that they were on the same level, they eyed each other up, the glowing light of the nearby planet illuminating their lights and wings and making them glow like stars. If you weren't a worker drone or in the loop, you would almost think them as angels of death, coming to cleanse the corruption of the living world. Well, that's kind of right. V was nervous however, as so far, J was actually winning, quite easily as well. J was confident, V was struggling and would be taken out without any trouble.

"Give it up V, you're outmatched, outclassed!" J yelled over to her opponent, V only standing her ground in response to this jab and narrowing her eyes at her. She was acutely aware that she wasn't the best fighter in the group, she was more violent and hot-headed than efficient. Though in saying that, she still wasn't a pushover, neither was N. Speaking of him, V snuck a sneaky glance down at the male drone, seeing that he was still going in his mourning of Uzi, now just clutching her body close while his body trembled with every sob. He was still not in the right space to fight, so for the foreseeable future, she would be flying solo in her bout with J.