Putting Out The Fire

Uzi was somewhat nervous.

She had just interrupted N in his vicious rage, having J pinned down and about to axe her off for a third time. As funny as that would be, she needed to make sure he was okay and that he knew that she was okay. Now, he was staring at her, a confused expression on his face.

"N? Hey, buddy, it's me! I'm okay! I kinda forgot to tell you but," Uzi chuckled nervously, "I may have developed regenerative abilities alongside my spooky zombie drone form, so I'm actually fine!" She finished her explanation, looking for any sort of response from her friend.

She got a response alright.

What she did not expect was for the response to be tears forming in his optics.

N's firestorm of anger had ceased, and was instead replaced by confusion and relief as his optics fully scanned over the drone in front of him, feeding the information to his CPU to process into visual feedback. He wondered if it was malfunctioning, or if it was some kind of cruel hologram, but no, his optics were working just fine. Uzi, his wif-I mean girlfrie-I MEAN friend who he thought had perished a fast and brutal death was right there, alive, already comforting him.

N felt tears begin to well up in his eyes, and his mind was then converted into a cooling rain of relief, and the desire to grab onto the worker in front of him and never let go. N pointed his head to the ground, sniffling becoming audible as Uzi's eyes widened in concern.

"N?" she said before placing a hand on his cheek, tilting his head up slightly to look her in the eyes, his mouth quivering as he barely held in his emotions.

Upon seeing her look of concern and care, N let it all out, but it wasn't rage this time. Instead, he leapt forward into warmth, into the loving, caring arms of his friend. Uzi stumbled as the wholesome killer boy barrelled into her, locking his arms and tail around her body as he let out all of his tears, crying into her chest in relief, feeling her lavender core humming with life, her metal heated instead of the dead cold that he had felt just before. Uzi's optics hollowed as she managed to keep her balance with N hugging her full force, and upon hearing his crying, wrapped her arms around him and began to trace circles into his back in order to comfort him.

"Hey hey! I'm okay, don't cry! It's okay..." Uzi whispered softly, N only crying harder as he tightened his grip around her waist. All the while, J lay weakly on the ground, watching his reunion with disgust. This moron had the audacity to just leave her like this, not even finishing her off and instead crying over the purple runt!? Her gaze fell onto V, who had managed to catch up to Uzi. She stood with her hands on her hips, a soft smile on her face as she watched the two of them hug it out.

V's gaze met J's, and the smile turned to a scowl, one that if looks could kill would've burned through J's chest entirely. All three girls' attention was turned to N, who finally began to mumble something into Uzi's jacket.

"I-I thought I h-had-d-d lost y-you fore-ever I- I-" N stuttered out between sobs, only for Uzi to tilt his head upward again to make him look her in the eyes again. "Hey, I'm not going anywhere, and I'm never leaving you," she assured him, N losing himself in her purple eyes. Throughout the course of this battle, he realized just how much he cared for Uzi, and he never wanted to be separated from her ever again.

The two drones began to lean towards each other, gradually closing the gap between their mouths...

Only for the sound of someone clearing their throat to ruin their moment.

"WHAT!?" they both shouted in unison as they faced V, yellow and purple blushes flushing on their respective visors as the psycho drone deadpanned at them. As adorable this was, they still had a J to deal with.