you're scared of needles

"Are you doing okay?" Ruka asked as she brushed her fingers across your thigh. "I know you're anxious."

"I am. I'm so anxious. I don't think I can do this." You said as you anxiously bit your lip. "We should just come back another day! The flu isn't all that bad anyways, right?"

Ruka laughed and gently pushed at your shoulders so you'd sit right back down as you tried to get up.

"The flu is that bad, baby. Remember the last time you had it a couple of years back? You were sick and miserable for two weeks."

You let out a sigh.

"Besides, we both know that you say you'll come back another day but then when the day comes you'll dread coming or make excuses not to. It's better to just get it out of the way now."

"I know you're right. I just hate needles so much." You said.

"But you don't need to be because I'm here with you and I'm not going anywhere. You can hold my hand the whole time."

"Okay." You sighed before the nurse walked in.

"Hello, Y/N. You're here for your flu shot, right?"

"Unfortunately." You sighed. "That time of the year has come again."

Ruka and the nurse both chuckled in response.

"It won't be too bad." The nurse promised.

"It'll be okay, my love," Ruka assured as you went wide-eyed over the needle.

"I hate this." You whined. "Ruka, I can't."

"You can do this, my love. You're going to be alright. I'm here for you." She promised as she kissed your hand.

The nurse grabbed the needle as well as the alcohol wipe to brush across your arm and then stepped closer to you.

You whined and squeezed Ruka's hand tighter as you grew more anxious and uncomfortable.

You jumped when the wipe brushed against your arm.

"It's okay, it's okay." Ruka comforted.

"I can't." You anxiously spoke.

"Look at me, baby. Look right at me." She said as she gently cupped your cheek and made you look her in the eyes. "It's going to be just fine. It's just a quick, tiny poke. I'm right here. Just look at me."

You winced as soon as the needle went into your arm and a groan escaped your lips from the sensation.

"Good girl. It's almost done." Ruka said as she brushed her thumbs across your knuckles.

"And... done!" The nurse grinned as she pulled the needle out of your arm and then quickly placed a bandage over it.

You breathed out a sigh of relief and Ruka kissed your forehead.

"That's my girl! You did great, pretty girl."

"Thank you. Can we please leave now, babe? I want to get out of here."

Ruka laughed but gave you a quick kiss and nodded.

"Okay." She said and you got up from the table before walking out of the room.

"I'm so glad that's over."

"Yeah... until next year."

You groaned and she giggled before kissing your cheek and walking out to the car, promising to treat you to lunch because she was so proud of you.