- CHAPTER 3 -

OMG 1K READS WHATTTTTTT!!!! THANKS FOR READING LOVES <3

Charlie anxiously paces back and forth in the lobby of the hotel, with her sister sitting deep in thought on the couch, Angel Dust's head resting in her lap as he lounges on the floor in front of her.

"Ok so the extermination is coming in 6 months instead of a year! No big deal, it's all just a little setback– nothing we can't handle– just the angels cutting our time table in half, but who needs a whole year to save souls 'am I right?" She rambles nervously, stress clear in her voice. "And next year when they cut it in half again– and again– we'll just handle it!" Her voice rises into a shout.

Vaggie stands and grips Charlie by the shoulders, reassuring her. "Yes, we will."

Y/N stands as well, making up her mind as she walks towards the hall.

"Where ya going toots?" Angel calls after his best friend, ignoring the constant messages from his boss that light up his phone screen.

She smiles back at him over her shoulder, waving off his light curiosity. "Just making a call. I think I have a... friend who may be able to help us."

Angel shrugs, turning back to Charlie and Vaggie and letting her off the hook. Y/N sighs, pausing for a moment before ducking into one of the nearest empty rooms. It was time to put some of her connections to good use. Before she could overthink it, she dialed the number at the top of her screen and waited for the overlord on the other end to pick up.

~

Vox cackled, rising from his chair as he watched the citizens of pentagram city through the TV monitors, lightning and electricity crackling around him. "Now that's good television!" His smile was quickly wiped away, showing an incoming call message from none other than the princess of hell herself.

Vox immediately brightened, quickly picking up the phone as the face of one of his favorite people filled up the screen next to him.

"Y/N! Hey princess, what's up? How are you this hellish morning" He asked, leaning back in his seat and taking a sip from his mug, trying to keep his voice steady and smooth as he spoke to her.

Y/N gives him a small smile, making the TV demon's heart do a flip before her voice fills the speakers. "Hey Vox, Could be better, honestly. That's what I wanted to talk to you about."

His voice is teasing, "Aww, you didn't just want to see me? I see how it is – only talking to me when you want something..." His voice trails off, but the shit eating grin on his face shows that he doesn't mean any of it.

The girl rolls her eyes. "Oh don't be dramatic Voxy, that's Vals job. Anyway, this is important. It's about–"

She's cut off by the sound of Vox's ringtone again, this time with Velvette's face appearing on screen. Vox silently curses his partner for the interruption and rolls his eyes.

"Velvette is calling, can I call you back later N/N? She's probably pissy about something,"

Y/N sighs in annoyance. "Yeah, just– call me back when you get the chance, 'kay? And say hi to Velv for me,"

He smiles warmly at her. "Of course princess. Bye~"

He hangs up the phone, picking up Velvettes call with a frown. The doll demon's face lights up the screen, with the look on Vox's face making her pause the rant she was about to start. "What's got your panties in a bunch?" She questions, her accent sharpening her words.

"You interupted my call," He grumbles taking another sip from his 'FUCK ALASTOR' mug. "Y/N says hi, by the way."

Her face brightens at the mention of their friend, and then turns slightly mischievous. "Aww, are you mad that interrupted your little chat with your crush Voxy?" She teases.