Part 5: The Jerk

*alarm goes off*

its 6:15am on a monday and after the other night i have a lot on my mind for this week.
My exams are getting close by the second and i have so much more studying to do!

I wish i had all the time in the world but unfortunately i don't.

I was shocked that Kairo had invited us to  a party since none of them had spoken since the first day back.

Now i have a party to think about, great.

————————

i get up out of bed and get ready for school.

hopefully today goes well i really cant be messing around.

i quickly do my skin-care and makeup, brush my hair and head to school.

——————————

I meet Nevaeh and Gia in the parking lot and we all go in together.

Gia cannot stop going on about this party on friday and this is exactly what i did not want to happen.

: "Gia, please"
Gia: "sorry! im just so excited."
: " i know but can u chill i cant have you yelling down my ear every two seconds about this party, im excited too but id like some peace and quiet every now and then."
Gia: "Its ok. i get it. you stressed with your exams, we all are but u need to learn to relax and have some fun every now and then."
: "i suppose so."
i say as we walk into class.

*after class*

Nevaeh: "thank god thats over, it felt like years."
she complained, leaning her head back dramatically.
: "its not that bad, i mean history is kind if easy if u think about it."
Gia: "Aurora, u find everything easy."
she says reassuring my intelligence.

Its lunch and we head to the cafeteria and order our food.

i order a hotdog with a brownie and chocolate milk.
Gia and Nevaeh order the same.
We sit down at our bench and pulled up a chair
Neveah: "is it just me or does something feel different about today?"
: " its just you, every single day gets more boring by the second."
Gia: "for real."

Gia and Nevaeh carry on gossiping about the party this Friday, their conversation blows completely over my head. Im zoned out.
I take a look around the cafeteria, and suddenly something catches my eye.
Venessa Holt sat on Teddied lap. Of course this doesn't bother me...
all i can hear is their brainrot giggles and laughs scratching the surface of my ear drums.
Venessa is the most stuck up, sly, whiny, pick me bitch i have ever encountered. Obviously this stays in my head.
As i'm trying not to gouge my eyeballs out, i have this odd feeling that someone is watching me. I scope the room and notice him staring at me. Teddie deimos staring at me???
i try not to make it obvious i saw but i cant help myself, i turn to face him and we make eye contact. i suddenly feel this rush of harmony everything around me disappears and all i can focus on is him and his deep brown eyes. Why is this happening? Why is he looking at me whilst Venessa is sat on him.
"Aurora, AURORA!"
i hear this voice shout my name.
i snap out of it and look towards that direction.
Gia: " jesus girl, whats got you so distracted we shouted your name about fifty times."
: "oh nothing font worry about it."
except it wasnt nothing.
How come he was so focused on me. Whenever we make any sort of contact or attention to eachother its always him trying to make a joke out of me. This time its different.