𝚆𝚊𝚛𝚛𝚒𝚘𝚛 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚂𝚞𝚗

You let out a heavy sigh as you crashed onto the living room sofa, exhausted by today's activities. Keeping the house you inherited in good condition was a chore in itself, but it had to be done.

You wondered why you were the one to inherit the house your grandparents shared. Maybe it was because you enjoyed coming here, unlike your siblings and most of your cousins. Whatever the reason, your relatives weren't too happy when they heard that you inherited the house, claiming it should've been one of them. You knew better than to argue with them, since the argument would turn against you like it was your fault even though it wasn't.

You sighed again at the thought before standing up walking towards the back of the house where the garden was. Maybe tending to the garden would ease your stress a little, you thought.

You walked through the back door into a large garden that looked like it went on forever, although you knew it was only a quarter of a mile, which is still pretty far but you were used to it. Taking a deep breath of fresh air, you walked through the garden towards a small shack that held the necessary tools to tend to the flowers and plants. You stepped inside said shack and grabbed what you needed before leaving to tend to the garden.

You put on a pair of gardening gloves before getting to work, grabbing a specific tool. You used said tool to trim excess leaves on the plants and flowers then pulled out any unwanted weeds. It took hours to complete but eventually you were finished tending to the garden, wiping sweat off your face. You breathed heavily as you returned the tools before quickly retreating inside the house, eager to cool off. You felt relieved upon feeling the cool air hit your skin the moment you stepped into the house; it was definitely a lot better in here than outside in the heat.

You eagerly rushed towards the kitchen and took out a glass from one of the cabinets, going over to the fridge and pouring a cold drink of your choice into the glass.

Oh, and you nearly forgot that all the dishes and silverware got left behind too, surprised it wasn't all sold. Though, if you were going to sell them, you were too lazy to do so and you probably didn't want to buy new ones, so you just kept them.

You drank half of your glass before setting it on the counter next to you, relaxing as you felt the coolness throughout your body. You were glad to have bought cold drinks before moving in because this summer heat was straight up killing you. But you can manage, to an extent.

You drank the rest of the liquid in your glass and went to put it in the sink but heard a loud knock on your door. You place the glass back on the counter before walking towards the front door, confused.

You knew you weren't expecting any guests, so you had no idea who just knocked. Maybe it was a package carrier, waiting for your signature. But you don't remember ordering anything, at least, you think you didn't. Perhaps it was a relative, though you wouldn't know unless you opened the door.

You grasped the handle and unlocked the top lock before opening the door, startled by what you saw.

You weren't sure if you were seeing this correctly, but you're pretty sure the Solaire of Astora was standing in front of you. You thought maybe you were hallucinating.

"Ah, hello, miss." He spoke. "Nightfall is upon us and I was wondering if it would be alright if I stayed the night."

God, he sounded just like him too.

"Huh? Oh, sure, come in." You say, shaking your head and stepping aside.

You watch carefully as he steps into your house and looks around in what you presume is amazement, closing and locking the door behind him.