𝙺𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙾𝚛𝚍𝚎𝚛

You jolted awake and instinctively pulled the blanket around yourself, slightly shivering. Your eyes darted around the room, making sure nothing was in there to harm you. You relaxed a little when you saw no one in the room with you, your grip on the blanket loosening. You looked over and saw that your clock displayed 5:29 in the morning, an hour and a half before you usually woke up.

"God damnit." You grumbled before turning over.

You desperately tried to fall asleep, yet you were unable to do so which made you groan in frustration. Instead of continuing your attempts to stay in bed, you got up and walked out of your room, too lazy to change. Slowly, you walked down the hallway and towards the kitchen to get the coffee machine started earlier than usual.

'Great, my morning is ruined.' You thought bitterly, rubbing your eyes tiredly.

You slightly shiver upon feeling the cold tile floor under your feet the moment you entered the kitchen. You trudged over to the coffee machine and turned it on, grabbing a bag of coffee grounds and made sure it was a flavor you preferred. The machine made a loud buzzing noise as you scooped a cup of coffee grounds out of the bag before dumping it into the machine, then put the bag away. You reached up and opened a cabinet then grabbed your favorite mug before turning your attention back to the coffee machine. A sudden knock at your front door made you pause slightly, head slowly turning to where the sound came from.

You were currently still super tired so maybe you thought you hallucinated the noise, which would make sense.

You shook your head and grabbed the coffee pot, pouring the desired amount of the caffeinated liquid into your mug. The moment you put the pot back on the machine, there was another knock at your door.

"The hell..." You mumbled, walking out of the kitchen.

Okay, you were sure you heard it that time but still being tired proved difficult.

You walked to the living room and heard another knock on your door, making you confused. You glanced over at the grandfather clock seeing that it's currently 5:46 in the morning, and it was still dark outside.

'Who the hell is at my door this early?' You thought with confusion.

You slowly walked towards the door and unlocked it before opening it, not bothering to react at what you saw as you were still tired.

There were three knights, each different in appearance and silently watched as two of them seemed to fight over something, the third trying to get them to stop.

Great, there's more.

"Really?" You grumbled, scowling. "On my damn porch? Do you even know how early it is?"

This made them stop and look over at you, a frustrated look on your face. The two that were fighting split from each other and stood on opposite sides of the third.

'Okay, so Death and Goldie don't like each other.' You thought, observing their actions.

The one wearing a red cloak crossed his arms while the one in gold dusted himself off.

"Bonjour, mademoiselle, we apologize for disturbing you at this hour but-" the middle one spoke with a slight French accent.

You cut him off, "let me guess, you three went to sleep and woke up in the middle of the woods, then wandered until you found a dirt road, which led to this house."

The three seemed to stare at you in shock, as if they weren't expecting you to answer exactly what they were gonna tell you.

"Uh, oui, exactly that." The French one spoke.