~Prologue~

*Sneak peek readers*

Kyeler's heart raced as Adrian's accusing gaze bore into hers, his eyes filled with a mixture of anger and betrayal

"I did some digging, Alara," Adrian's voice cut through the tense silence, his tone icy.

"And I uncovered your true identity".

"Her breath caught in her throat, her secret now laid bare before the man she had grown to love, and fear.

"Adrian, I... I can explain," she stammered, her voice barely above a whisper.

But Adrian's expression remained hardened, his jaw clenched with barely contained fury.

"You've been lying to me all this time," he accused, his words like daggers cutting through the air.

Kyeler felt the weight of the truth crushing down on her. She had known this moment would come, but now that it was here, she was unprepared for the devastation it brought.

"I had to," she finally managed to say, her voice trembling with emotion.

"I never meant to hurt you, Adrian. Please, you have to understand.

"But Adrian's features softened only slightly, his eyes still burning with a mixture of hurt and anger.

"How could you keep something like this from me?" he demanded, his voice low and filled with pain.

Tears welled up in Kyeler's eyes as she reached out to him, her heart breaking at the distance that had grown between them.

"Because I was afraid," she whispered, her voice barely audible. Silence hung heavy in the air as Adrian looked at her, his emotions warring within him.

Finally, he spoke, his voice filled with a raw vulnerability that took her breath away.

"I don't know if I can trust you again, Alara," he said, each word a painful admission of his inner turmoil.

"But I know one thing for certain... I still love you............."

To be continued..........