Chapter 5: Peace

Kyeler's POV

After the storm of emotions and the confrontation with Adrian, I find myself in the comforting silence of our bedroom. The soft glow of the bedside lamp casts a warm light across the room as I stand before the mirror, my face streaked with remnants of makeup.

With a determined flick of my wrist, I wipe away the makeup, revealing my bare face beneath. As I shed the layers of the facade I wore, a sense of liberation washes over me.

"No more pretending... no more masks," I mutter to myself, the hint of defiance in my voice palpable.

Frustration bubbles up within me, and I can't help but let out a yell of exasperation. "Just go to hell, you grumpy old man!! Arghhh..."

With my makeup removed and my hair tied back in a loose bun, I change into comfortable pajamas, relishing the softness of the fabric against my skin. The luxury of the bed, something I never thought I'd experience, beckons to me.

With a carefree shrug, I throw myself onto the plush mattress, sinking into the softness with a contented sigh. The cool sheets envelop my tired body, offering a sense of comfort I hadn't expected.

"Well, if I have to be stuck in this situation, I might as well enjoy the perks," I murmur to myself with a smirk.

Stretching out luxuriously, my limbs sinking into the softness of the bed, I let out a relaxed sigh. The weight of the day's events slowly melts away as I close my eyes, a sense of peace settling over me.

In the quiet of the bedroom, with the gentle hum of the night outside, I find a moment of respite. My no-nonsense, chill attitude takes over as I embrace the simple pleasure of a comfortable bed and the freedom to be myself.

With a relaxed smile on my face, I drift off to sleep, the tension of the day fading into the background. In this moment, in the luxurious bed, I find a glimpse of peace amidst the chaos of our forced marriage.

As I drift into a deep, restful sleep, my determination to navigate this new chapter of my life on my own terms shines through. No matter the circumstances I face, as long as I'm determined, I will make it work.

---

Adrian's POV

As the night wears on, the quiet of the house envelops me as I finally return home, weary and drained from the day's events.

Entering the house, weariness weighs heavily on my shoulders, a stark contrast to the turmoil of emotions swirling within me. The thought of facing another night alone in this grand, empty house feels daunting.

Pushing open the bedroom door, I expect to find Kyeler resigned to our forced union, asleep in the bed. However, what I find surprises me...

The room is dimly lit by the soft glow of the bedside lamp, casting a warm, inviting light across the bed. But what catches my attention is the sight of Kyeler, sprawled comfortably across the mattress in her pajamas, taking up almost... the entire space.

"Never in my life have I seen someone sleep like this... and in my bed, no less."

Standing at the threshold of the bedroom, I can't help but watch Kyeler's relaxed form with a hint of uncertainty.

"Should I sleep on the bed or take the couch?" I ponder silently, weighing my options.

For a moment, the idea of retreating to the couch seems appealing. But then, a sense of determination sets in.

"No... this is my room. We're married now," I assert to myself, firm in my decision.

With a determined nod, I move towards the bed, careful not to disturb Kyeler. Finding a small space on the edge of the mattress, barely enough room to stretch out comfortably, I settle in.

As I awkwardly position myself to accommodate Kyeler's sprawling form, a mix of amusement and bemusement washes over me.

"Well, this is certainly a new experience," I remark to myself, a wry smile tugging at my lips.

Despite the cramped space and the unfamiliarity of sharing my bed with someone who is not just a passing acquaintance, I find a strange sense of comfort in the warmth of the room and the softness of the sheets.

"We're married... whether we like it or not," I murmur to myself, the reality of our situation sinking in.

With that realization settling in, I close my eyes, the events of the day finally catching up to me. The scent of Kyeler's shampoo mingles with the familiar comfort of my own room, and I drift off to sleep, the warmth of the bed cocooning me in a sense of reluctant acceptance.

In the quiet of the night, amidst the unfamiliarity of our forced marriage, I find myself in a strange but oddly comforting position, sharing my bed with Kyeler for the first time. It was certainly a new experience...