Chapter 2:Unveiling Hearts

Kyeler's pov

The soft morning light filters through the windows of the bridal waiting room, casting a gentle glow on the elegant furnishings.

Alone in this room of quiet anticipation, I am a picture of silent despair. My eyes are red and swollen from tears shed in the solitude of the night, the weight of my decision heavy upon my shoulders.

"What have I done..." I whisper to myself, the words barely escaping my trembling lips. Clutching the fabric of my bridal gown tightly, I feel the weight of my choice pressing down upon me.

Suddenly, there's a light knock on the door, and it opens to reveal Jane, my practical and no-nonsense university friend. Her eyes soften as she takes in my tear-stained face, her presence a comforting anchor in the storm of my emotions.

"Kyeler... how are you holding up, my baby?" Jane's voice is gentle but firm, her concern palpable.

"I... I don't know, Jane. I feel... lost," I reply, my voice trembling with the weight of my uncertainty.

Jane crosses the room and sits beside me, her presence a reassuring presence amidst the turmoil of my thoughts.

"You don't have to do this, you know. You have a choice, always," Jane says, placing a comforting hand on my shoulder.

"No, Jane... I made my choice. I said yes to save myself... to survive," I shake my head, the weight of my decision heavy upon my heart.

"I know, Kyeler. And I understand why you did it. But remember, your life is not defined by this moment. You are strong, and you have the power to make the best of any situation," Jane reassures me, her voice filled with unwavering support.

I look up at Jane, gratitude and pain swirling in my eyes.

"What do I do now, Jane? How do I face this... this marriage?" My voice is barely a whisper, filled with uncertainty.

"You face it with courage. You stand tall, even when it feels like the weight of the world is on your shoulders," Jane replies firmly, her eyes steady and unwavering.

"And remember, you have friends who will always be there for you," she adds, her voice softening with warmth.

With a determined glint in her eyes, Jane stands and holds out her hand to me.

"Now, come on. Let's get you ready for this wedding. We'll face it together, one step at a time," Jane says with a small, encouraging smile.

Feeling a spark of hope ignite within me, I take Jane's hand, my heart heavy but my spirit determined.

"Thank you, Jane. I don't know what I would do without you," I say gratefully, the weight of my burden eased by her unwavering support.

As we prepare to face the wedding together, I find a glimmer of strength in Jane's presence, ready to take on whatever lies ahead with courage and determination.