chapter 5

"Hmm... Margaret, I'll let her know the next time you receive a check," he said with an innocent smile. I struggled to maintain my composure, feeling like I might dissolve into a puddle on the floor.

As I made my way towards the exit, cursing my luck, time seemed to slow. I stumbled over a chair, nearly tumbling to the ground, but he caught me just in time. Our faces were inches apart, his peppermint breath mingling with the sweet scent of his silver hair. "Don't suppose you know my name, just call me Ame," he said softly.

Before anything more could happen, Margaret intervened, pulling me away. "Sorry, I'm just taking my friend Yuki to the cafe to discuss a work matter," she said, her tone sharp. I glanced at her, bewildered, unable to meet her gaze as she dragged me outside.

"What do you think you're doing with boss Ame?" Margaret's voice was harsh. "Nothing, we were just talking... Why do you even care?" I responded weakly.

"Mr. Ame will only be mine, and mine alone. He's going to be all mine by the time I'm done with him," Margaret declared, her determination palpable.

But before she could continue, a voice interrupted from behind us. It belonged to a strikingly beautiful girl, with honey blond hair and lapis lazuli blue eyes.