4-Apologies

Bucky's eyes fluttered open, the morning light filtering through the curtains casting a soft glow over the room. He blinked, his mind still foggy from sleep as he tried to piece together the events of the previous night. Slowly, the memories came flooding back - the screams, the panic, the overwhelming sense of fear that had consumed him.

His heart clenched in his chest as he remembered the sight of Y/N lying in his arms, her tear-stained face filled with compassion and understanding. The guilt washed over him like a tidal wave, threatening to drown him in its depths. He couldn't shake the feeling that he had hurt her, that he had let the darkness inside him take control once again.

With a heavy sigh, Bucky turned his gaze towards Y/N, who still lay sleeping peacefully beside him. She looked so peaceful, so innocent, it was hard to believe she had witnessed the turmoil of his nightmares firsthand. His eyes trailed over her form, taking in the sight of her scars - reminders of a past filled with pain and suffering.

A pang of sadness washed over him as he realized he knew so little about her, about the demons she had faced and the battles she had fought. He wanted to reach out to her, to comfort her, but he didn't know where to begin. How could he offer solace when he couldn't even find peace within himself?

As Y/N stirred awake, Bucky quickly averted his gaze, feeling a flush of embarrassment heat his cheeks. He watched as she sat up, her eyes searching the room before settling on him. There was a brief moment of hesitation, of uncertainty, before she offered him a small smile.

"Don't worry about last night," she said softly, her voice filled with warmth and reassurance. "You didn't hurt me. I know it wasn't you. We can talk about it later."

Bucky nodded, grateful for her understanding, but unable to shake the feeling of unease that lingered in the air between them. He watched as she slipped out of bed, making her way towards the door with a grace and poise that left him in awe. She was a force to be reckoned with, a beacon of light in his darkness.

As Y/N left the room, Bucky couldn't help but feel a sense of loss wash over him. He knew he had to confront his demons, to face the horrors of his past head-on, but he couldn't do it alone. He needed Y/N by his side, to guide him, to support him, to show him that there was still hope for redemption.

With a determined sigh, Bucky pushed himself out of bed, his muscles protesting against the movement after a restless night's sleep. He made his way to the bathroom, the sound of the running water soothing his frayed nerves as he stepped into the shower, letting the hot water wash away the remnants of his nightmares.

As he stood beneath the stream of water, Bucky couldn't shake the feeling that he was drowning, suffocating under the weight of his own guilt and self-doubt. But he refused to give in to despair, refused to let the darkness consume him once again.

With a renewed sense of purpose, Bucky finished his shower and stepped out of the bathroom, his mind already racing with thoughts of the day ahead. He knew there were battles to be fought, enemies to be faced, but he also knew that he didn't have to face them alone.

As he made his way to the team meeting room, Bucky's eyes met Y/N's across the crowded space, and he felt a flicker of hope ignite within him. Maybe, just maybe, there was a chance for him to find redemption, to find peace, in the midst of the chaos that surrounded him.

And as he took his seat beside Y/N, her presence a comforting anchor in the storm.

As Tony strode into the room, the atmosphere shifted, the conversation among the Avengers growing more focused and intense. Steve stood by the whiteboard, marker in hand, as he outlined various strategies for tracking down the unidentified terrorists.