Floating

As the spacecraft hurdled through the void of space, Y/N couldn't shake the feeling of anticipation that tingled in her veins. She glanced over at Bucky Barnes, the man who had become her partner in this extraordinary journey. His rugged features were illuminated by the soft glow of the control panel, his eyes fixed on the endless expanse outside.

"We're getting close," he murmured, his voice a low rumble that reverberated through the small cabin.

Y/N nodded, her heart pounding with a mixture of excitement and nerves. They were on their way to a distant planet, chasing the origins of a precious metal that had been forged into a sword—a sword that had been used in the devastating terrorist attack on New York City. The weight of their mission hung heavy in the air, but Y/N found solace in the companionship of Bucky, a seasoned warrior who had seen his fair share of battles.

As the hours passed, the spacecraft hummed with the rhythm of its engines, and Y/N and Bucky found themselves in a small training room onboard. The walls were lined with padded mats, and the air was thick with the scent of sweat and determination.

Y/N tightened the straps of her training gear, her muscles humming with anticipation. Bucky stood across from her, his expression focused as he raised his hands in a defensive stance.

"Alright, let's start with some basic sparring," he said, his voice firm but encouraging. "Focus on your footwork and keep your guard up."

Y/N nodded, mirroring his stance as they began to circle each other. She threw a tentative jab, testing Bucky's defenses, but he easily deflected it with a fluid motion of his arm.

"Good," he said, a hint of approval in his voice. "But you're telegraphing your moves. Try to keep them more fluid, more unpredictable."

Y/N furrowed her brow in concentration, determined to improve. She launched into a series of strikes, her movements quick and precise, but Bucky effortlessly countered each one.

"Your posture is off," he said, stepping back to study her stance. "You're leaving yourself open to attack. Keep your shoulders squared and your weight evenly distributed."

Y/N nodded, adjusting her posture as she absorbed his feedback. She could feel the sweat trickling down her back, the burn of exertion fueling her determination.

They sparred for hours, the rhythm of their movements becoming almost hypnotic as they flowed seamlessly from one strike to the next. With each exchange, Y/N felt herself growing stronger, more confident in her abilities.

As they took a moment to catch their breath, Y/N felt a mischievous spark flicker to life within her. With a playful grin, she focused her energy, using her powers to manipulate the gravitational field around Bucky.

Suddenly, he felt himself lifted off the ground, his body hovering several inches above the mats. Surprise flashed across his face, quickly replaced by amusement as he realized what Y/N had done.

"You're getting creative," he said, laughter dancing in his eyes as he floated in the air. "But remember, there's a time and a place for everything."

Y/N chuckled, her grin widening as she released her hold on the gravitational field, allowing Bucky to gently float back down to the ground.

"Sorry," she said, a hint of mischief still lingering in her voice. "Couldn't resist."

Bucky shook his head, a fond smile playing at the corners of his lips. Despite the gravity of their mission, moments like these reminded him of the bond they shared—a bond that was as unbreakable as the stars themselves.

But their training wasn't over yet. Bucky had another idea to help Y/N harness her powers more effectively. He set up empty beer bottles in the training room, directing her to hit them in a certain order.