Chapter Seven

I wake up to running out in the halls. Footsteps thump near my room, and I think the guards are already here. My breathing quickens, they're here to take me away. Hang me, chop off my head. I slip out of bed, and tip toe towards the door, whispered hisses are sounding from outside, "We have to get out of here!" one of them hisses, a boy, by the sound of it. "Yeah, yeah I know, but they've got themselves some radishes!" another one says, also a boy. "Grab them, then we leave! We can't get caught, they'll take our heads!" Curiosity overcomes my fear, and I fight the urge to open the door to catch a glimpse of what they look like. There footsteps retreat, and silence has returned. I turn the doorknob, slipping on some slippers that are near the door. Walking out, I see two figures running along the roads through the windows. Quickly, I open the door, and start running towards them myself. Trying to keep quiet, I hold my breath. My lungs burn, I'm not too far away from them, but then one of them stops, but before they can turn around, I lunge behind a stray cart. When I turn back around to see, they already started running again. I race to catch up with them. They run into an alley way, and I close the distance. I can hear their whispers, indicating that they've stopped. For now. I tip toe towards the edge of the wall, where the whispers are louder, yet I can still barely hear them. "Okay, we've got some food and money, but there's better stuff in the castle."

"I know that Draven, my Gods."

"Whatever, but do you think that'll work?""What?"

"The plan!"

"What plan?"

"Caspian, the one we planned a few weeks ago? Sneak in with a distraction, take as much gold and get out of there.""Draven, that was an idea! We still need to plan plan. While keeping in mind that there are bounties on our heads! If anyone sees us, were good as dead. Were worth to much money." He pauses for a second, and I hear one of them sit down on the gravel, of them munching on the radishes. Then the one I think called Caspian begins again, Which is why we need to scout out the castle, find out where the guards are posts are. Plan a day that most of the guards are not at their usual posts. Gods Draven, after everything, I thought you would at least know that!" Draven grumbles curses and then he says, "okay, oh great one, how are we gonna do that?" They continue talking, and I try to get closer to hear better. But suddenly, my slippers catch on the gravel, and I fall forward, yelping. I curse under my breath and scramble to my feet. Their talking goes completely silent. They think I'm a soldier.

After what seems like ages Caspian says, "who's there! Come out now and we won't hurt you."

A lie.

I gulp, my hands shaking as I walk out into the open. One of them has brown shaggy hair, and tanned skin. A deep scar goes along his chin down his neck. One of his eyes amber and the other a bright blue. The other one sitting down has blonde hair and blue eyes, a few scars here and there.

Glancing at each other they stand up, walking towards me. I squeak and scramble back into a wall. This was the worst idea ever.

The blonde one pulls a dagger out and pushes it against my throat, while the brown one stays a few feet away. He puts a hand on the blonde on, "Draven, its just a girl." Oh, so the 'stupid' one is Draven. I automatically assume the brown haired one is Caspian. Draven chuckles, glancing at Caspian, "don't you see? This little lady is worth hundreds." I curse under my breath. They've seen the wanted posters. I gulp against the dagger. "What do you mean?" Caspian asks.

"Haven't you seen the posters, Caspian." He shakes his head, and Draven sighs in annoyance. My heart starts aching, pushing and pulling around. Blossoms fall out of my hair. Falling around my feet, Caspian blinks at me, and then the ground. His gaze full of curiosity. I take my chance and call for the earth to save me. It makes me weak, but its powerful. I reach again, searching for life. And find it. I release, and a huge root smacks Draven upside the head. He curses, and I run. Caspian chases after me, and so does Draven. "Wait!" Caspian calls, "I promise, were not going to hurt You! You..." He trails off, and I know his next words, you can trust me.

No I can't. I gave up on that a long time ago.

I keep running, and my lungs burn and my feet ache.

"We can help you, I promise that!" I take a left, and there's a dead end. Tears bubble in my eyes in frustration. I turn around to find Caspian taking slow steps towards me, hands out like he's taming a wild animal. He probably is. "Stay," I try to say, but it comes out all wrong. My voice shaky, "Stay away from me."

"I can help you, we can help you." That's when Draven shows up. "Were fugitives too. Wanted, if we stay together we can help each other."

"I'm no thief." I'm a murderer.

Caspian takes a rag out of his pocket, I stare at it, and that's when he lunges, catching an arm around my neck and placing the rag on my mouth. I try to rip it off. He's drugging me!

Of course he is. Can't have me reporting him. Not that I ever trusted him though, or will. I see Draven walking closer, and my vision blurs until its pitch black.